What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
God you can be a real arsehole Pou, when I told you Gordon was on $250k a few months back you f**king argued about if for days. Just proves you argue depending upon your menstrual cycle.

No I think what Pou said was perhaps he is not on 250k with a deal that i think would not be in that range to justify the dollars spent with a fullback used in a key position you must consider the deal of value for money with squad depth and all the justification that goes with it under a complex system using an academy a 5 yr plan and a balanced team.Keep in mind a salary cap and compare it with the share market.Avenger you do realize that Pou was talking Euroes. Foolish of you to think he was talking Aussie dollars. See you just assumed. Never assume:roll:

hindy111

Post Whore
I shake my motherf**king head and have sex with realtors. I burp piss til hindyeleven dies in Faulconbridge.

Well FMD how did you know i was in Faulconbridge last night? I take back what i said and any doubt i have had in you. You are the master. I bow down to you sir Pou.
Now tell me my fortune - When will hindy111 rise from the dead?

hindy111

Post Whore
All this talk about front rowers. Off a kick you have 5 hit ups. Most times the wingers take 2 of those 5. A lot of times 1 of those is a backline movement. so 2/4 of those hitups are from your wingers.
Imagine Semi taking one and Mansour taking one. All of a sudden you can get away with good defensive workman like props with not much defensive leaks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But you still find a way to defend the clubs decisions ;-)

Not that decision. I think Jennings was unnecessary and will hurt us in the long run. So would Mansour unless we magically find a way to organise TPAs to supplement smaller contracts and not have some f**kwit blab to the NRL.

But pointing out the positives - Jennings is a great centre who made us very strong this year with the Roosters subsidising him - is to counter the death riders and trolls and Roosters fans who only want to focus on the negatives.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
The only thing negative about Jennings contract is the amount we pay him under the cap and none of us know what this actually is.

For all we know he has a huge NIKE TPA and we have him on the cap for $400k

hindy111

Post Whore
Look at it this way stagger...Every set your back 3 takes 2 runs normally. So they have a 2/3 chance of a hit up most sets.
That leaves 3 for the forwards. (if you do not do a backline movement)
Including the bench you have 10 frowards. So 3/10 chance of a hit up that set.
66% vs 30% But wingers are not important? Just what people have been told.The best time to get on a roll is the first 3 hit ups.The defense retreats and the line is not set properly.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Look at it this way stagger...Every set your back 3 takes 2 runs normally. So they have a 2/3 chance of a hit up most sets.
That leaves 3 for the forwards. (if you do not do a backline movement)
Including the bench you have 10 frowards. So 3/10 chance of a hit up that set.
66% vs 30% But wingers are not important? Just what people have been told.The best time to get on a roll is the first 3 hit ups.The defense retreats and the line is not set properly.

Soooooooo... Mansours potential signing would be a very good one??

Lethal

Juniors
With wingers like Radradra and Mansour would we even need front rowers?

We need at least one front rower for that pointless hit up in the middle of the field on the 4th tackle 10m out from the opposition try line we have been doing week after week for the last 10 years :roll:

Bigfella

Coach
We need at least one front rower for that pointless hit up in the middle of the field on the 4th tackle 10m out from the opposition try line we have been doing week after week for the last 10 years :roll:

They need to be able to look to pass to a non existent runner so that they get nice and dominated and take 5 minutes to play the ball too

hindy111

Post Whore
I think so. Like i said the idea that wingers is the least important position on the field is just what everyones been told on TV by guys like Vautin.
Forwards can help each other and share the work. Guys like Bevan are fullback. No place for them on the wing. They are pointless doing any work.Just slow the momentum and allow defense to get set.
When Robo was fullback why do you think BA told him pass ball to a winger and do not take hit ups. He would get man handled and a slow play the ball.The defense would get set and you would get belted the next 4 hit ups. The key to any good set is your first 2-3 runs while defense is still setting and retreating. They have just run downfield 40-50 mtrs and are at their most vulnerable.

Parraren

Bench
That would be awesome, except the NRL has added all players' TPAs to our cap.

Just on that.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say Jennings actually had a legit 3 rd party deal with Nike from his time at the roosters.

He then comes to Parra, who have a far more marketable brand, more supporters across the country, more members, rate our arses off on TV, sell papers, draw massive click bait, actually have people turn up to watch them live even when we are sitting bottom of the ladder, sell more merchandise.....I could go on and on.

Suddenly this 3rd party deal is no longer on the table when he joins Parra? From a branding point of view, Jennings exposure goes through the roof when he joins us compared to the Roosters. My opinion only.

So is it a legit 3 rd party deal or one that is exclusively tied to the Roosters?

This is where the system is a joke IMO.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

That hit up is so you're not kicking from the sideline at the end of the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts