What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
French and Takairangi maybe. Not Hoffman
Agree both Bev and Taka.

I think that the team needs some continuity in team structure and there shouldn’t be so much chopping and changing in 2019. Hopefully he can settle on a 17 and only be forced to change due to injury or genuine pressure from the squad below.

The continued search for cohesion was another factor to our shit 2018 season.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Agree both Bev and Taka.

I think that the team needs some continuity in team structure and there shouldn’t be so much chopping and changing in 2019. Hopefully he can settle on a 17 and only be forced to change due to injury or genuine pressure from the squad below.

The continued search for cohesion was another factor to our shit 2018 season.
He was pretty loyal this year for the most part. To a fault, some might say.

Gronk

Staff member
He was pretty loyal this year for the most part. To a fault, some might say.

Not sure if was loyalty or lack of genuine depth. Even with the squad he had, he often switched the roles of players. Just saying that the successful teams team to pick and stick. Hopefully that will be us this year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wouId be surprised if Taka doesn’t start the season in NSW unless they look at him at centre which I don’t think they will.

Manu / Tepai are both in front of him as an edge starter, while Niukore was starting in front of him towards the end of last year (obviously better form by Taka in the trials could push him in front of those 3). Additionally we have also signed Lane. So Taka could struggle to start the year in the top 17.

I reckon Gutho is a certain for fullback unless he is moved to the halves, so French may struggle for a spot, and not sure he will get a wing spot in front of Gennings (or maybe a rookie).

84 Baby

Referee
I highly doubt both Taka and French are in top 17. One or the other at best. Taka would only be top 17 at centre which means Gunco at fullback, whereas French would only be top 17 at fullback so Gunco at centre.
And that’s all assuming other players (Salmon, Brown, Parry) don’t surpass them as well