What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
#crisis

d2a036d068347530b09a792856971d65

Gronk

Staff member
Wests Tigers NRL coach Ivan Cleary says he released Mitchell Moses to Parramatta after it became clear it was best for the joint-venture club.

Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary says Mitchell Moses' performances and changed demeanour over the past fortnight pushed him to grant an immediate release to Parramatta.

Talented five-eighth Moses will line up for the Eels in Saturday's NRL clash with Canberra just four days after securing a mid-season exit.

Meanwhile, West Tigers, languishing at 15th on the ladder with a 3-7 record, must battle on without the key playmaker who was contracted to the end of the season.

While Cleary wished Moses well, the coach took a subtle dig at his attitude and commitment over his final fortnight at Concord when he addressed reporters before flying the Brisbane for the Tigers' clash with the Broncos on Friday.

Cleary first received a request from Moses' manager for a release two days after he took over in April from sacked coach Jason Taylor but, up until Tuesday, had knocked it back.

Cleary indicated his hand was forced after Moses' lacklustre performances over the past two weeks, which included eight missed tackles in last Friday's loss to South Sydney.

"The last time I spoke about (Moses' situation) publicly was after the Bulldogs where I thought he played well," Cleary said.

"I mentioned that I hadn't seen anything to suggest in his performances or preparation that he wanted to leave. And that was the thing I was going to go by. Again, there was no benefit to our club for a release.

"I don't know if it's a coincidence but things changed after that.

"His last two performances and general demeanour suggested he just wasn't happy and the logical conclusion was for us to part ways and that's what we've done."

Cleary fired a shot at Moses' manager Isaac Moses, accusing him of "manipulations of the media to drive a personal agenda".

Isaac Moses had complained to the NRL and Rugby League Players' Association, expressing concerns about player welfare after Cleary reportedly told the player he would be granted a release before last week's game with the Rabbitohs, only to change his mind.

"I'd like to discuss the accusation around the way we've handled this situation," said Cleary.

"We take wellbeing very seriously at this club and the track record at the Tigers has been very strong, including the last 12 months.

"I take it very seriously as a coach and it's a huge part of what we do.

"I've been transparent and forthright with my conversations with Mitchell. They're personal and I'll leave it at that.

"It's a bit disappointing some of those conversations have ended up in the media - I don't want that to happen from my end."

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...ary?O=http://notainteresante.serprotec.com.mx

oldmancraigy

Coach
We absolutely were interested in Vaughan and tabled him in a very reasonable offer. The Dragons trumped our offer significantly and took a huge gamble on him (remember he was stuck in reggies in 2016 and there were some whispers of potential character issues from Canberra fans at one point) with the money they stumped up. It ended up as a great investment but it could have easily blown up in their faces.

Putting aside what we know of his 2017 form and casting your memories back to the end of 2016 where we he was stuck in reggies and we had just broken a hellish cap-cycle, what would everyone have been comfortable offering him?

200k?

He is a huge body but massive risk

Had some games he was not interested defensively and floated

Good luck to the dragons getting him. Excellent buy. But we had just signed Brown and Matagi to shore up the middle. Couldnt spend 350-400k late in the piece on a risk. In hindsight i wish we had, but cest la vie

hindy111

Post Whore
I just re joined Tinder. And it now has a super like button. I reckon we should get one on here ? Ok im off to do some swiping.

@Wicked Witch Of The West

I was listening to a song today, I know you like youtube videos and it reminded me of you. Bare with it:

BOOM!!! Just ordered Brandons CD, hes quality and my favourite bit was at the end where it became clear she was being stalked, youve great taste my friend.
Love the 80s dreamy feel of this music, remember the 80s movie Mannequine, one of my all time favs, you could have put that song into that movie.
And she looked so cute dancing around in the house, watching through the windows and then BOOM~!

Avenger

Immortal
BOOM!!! Just ordered Brandons CD, hes quality and my favourite bit was at the end where it became clear she was being stalked, youve great taste my friend.
Love the 80s dreamy feel of this music, remember the 80s movie Mannequine, one of my all time favs, you could have put that song into that movie.
And she looked so cute dancing around in the house, watching through the windows and then BOOM~!
I actually like this type of music and I also have seen Mannequin at least 10 times. The 80's was a great time for movie making. Even my kids reckon the movies in that period shit on the current garbage that their generation is supposed to relate to.

I blame social media and reality tv for it.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I actually like this type of music and I also have seen Mannequin at least 10 times. The 80's was a great time for movie making. Even my kids reckon the movies in that period shit on the current garbage that their generation is supposed to relate to.

I blame social media and reality tv for it.

Why do you think Disney has to make live action movies of older cartoons instead of creating new stories? Not complaining, but still. There are some great creations in the millennial generation but they are few and far between. It's how people can obsess over Harry Potter for so long.