What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
Unless he's for wenty or hooker depth i cant agree, hes a good defender but thats where it ends, hes a poor mans keating, if he has been bought to be our starting or main hooker we will be screwed.
I dont think BA would be that stupid but you never know.
I tend to agree... He wouldn't be anywhere near first grade if Baptiste wasn't injured...the only thing he has going for him according to the stats is that he has shown he's capable of playing ~15 minutes of NRL each week which apparently BA doesn't think Cameron King is capable of at this stage.... I imagine it would indicate King is no longer in BA's lans... or of course, IDG's retirement could be made official...

I tend to agree... He wouldn't be anywhere near first grade if Baptiste wasn't injured...the only thing he has going for him according to the stats is that he has shown he's capable of playing ~15 minutes of NRL each week which apparently BA doesn't think Cameron King is capable of at this stage.... I imagine it would indicate King is no longer in BA's lans... or of course, IDG's retirement could be made official...

Hes no fekking Clydsdale, i know a fekking Shitland Pony when i see one...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Clydsdale averaged 50 minutes as a starter a few years ago, and missed f**k all tackles.

T.S Quint

Coach
Im assuming he would be signing for very little money. Could be a good stop-gap solution until someone better comes onto the market.

Glenneel

Bench
Alvaro made 40 tackles in that game coming off the bench, and did a stitch up job on Paulo and Boyd against the Raiders

Next!

But we still LOST! How did we go in last 20 mins, think we let in 2 trys. You keep criticising me apparently wanting the status quo WHICH ISN'T WORKING. (Gee some blokes have thick skulls) What is your alternative?

Last edited:

Glenneel

Bench
It all comes back to our kicking game. The entire year we've only had one NRL standard kicker, and half the time he's been tackled on the 5th. That kind of disadvantage quickly translates to a lopsided contest in territory and possession. Your defence will always look bad when you're camped in your own half with no ball.
You and Bazal keep making excuses for our forwards lack of go forward. Yes a better kicking game will help but probably paste over the huge cracks that are our forwards. They try hard but not up to top 8 standard and are small so a double whammy. Titans have had half their team injured all year but never seem to give up. Our forwards are so busted that by the 60th minute they have nothing left. Didn't the Raiders score 2 trys in the last 20 btw?

Glenneel

Bench
That I agree with. I'm a Mannah fan but he seems to be down on fitness or something. One thing no one can deny is his work ethic, but he's had a few games this season where he's made single figure runs and very few tackles. Partly it's due to having better players around him, but I still feel like something isn't right with him....

I don't know that he offers much as a benchy but if he swaps roles with Alvaro it could definitely work.
What Djay said is right, Alvaro is down the pecking order when all the forwards are fit. I'm not sure anybody is saying he shouldn't play fg.

What I don't get is your love affair with him. If you're pinning your hopes on him getting us out of this mire you'd be sadly disappointed. Sadly our pack is not up to top 8 standard but both you and Pou think it is and offer excuses and stats to try to prove otherwise.

hindy111

Post Whore
Adam Clydesdale, wow how exciting. Gee BA is really allergic to having any creativity out of dummy half.

Who do you want him to sign?
Ffs he went for peats but he wanted to much. There isnt much else available.
Id ask the warriors about Luke or roache but there under contract.

Its a shit situation but not much else can do till one comes THROUGH