What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lingard

Coach
Of course there is, it is very simple too really, but it needs massive balls from the NRL admin, not the mealy mouthed weak politicians we have had and still have, of the past 20 years or so.

Solution - Decree from the this day forward any deemed wrestle in the ruck by the referee officials will be penalized immediately and just keep penalizing till the pea comes out the whistle. Also if any team gets penalized three times for the wrestle, they instantly incur a 10 min sin bin to that last player penalized and every player there hence.

But they need to be full on, not worry about the coaches, fans and media about it ruining the spectacle. Remember it has become a cancer in the game and need drastic and radical surgery to rectify what they have neglected for so long.

Just ask yourself, if the NRL were serious and followed through on their word and kept it up, which coach would allow their players to continue to wrestle with penalties and sin binnings hanging over their teams head?

I dare say at least 90% of the wrestle would disappear by the 3rd week. But it takes real strength of leadership and must be maintained and NEVER drop off the penalties or sin bins. Coaches are no ones fools, They will always react to whatever they can get away with and they will squeal like stuck pigs, but once they know that the hierarchy mean business, they will quickly make the adjustment to get the advantage again.

But like I have said many times, the NRL does not have leaders, as can be witness right now with the debacle that is going on between Grant, Greenberg and the clubs. All parties are at fault and only more crap will be the end result no matter who is left standing.

The games as always is the loser. Long live AFL.

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of a tactic that would counteract the wrestle.

Bazal

Post Whore
What a silly thing to say. Of course the game has changed since 1966. The Rock or Brock Lesnar would kill a wrestler from the 60s....

Eelementary

Post Whore
He's had two excellent weeks of footy in a row. This along with plenty of solid performances earlier in the year have him squarely in our top 17. He's going well. Yet another player where I don't understand the hate.

I never understood the criticisms, either.

Huge motor, big frame, tonne of heart... love the bloke.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What a silly thing to say. Of course the game has changed since 1966. The Rock or Brock Lesnar would kill a wrestler from the 60s....
I dunno. I still wouldn't like to mix it with Killer Karl Kox, Brute Bernard or King Curtis............dead or alive.
What about Mr. Indestructable, Simon "The Strangler" Jones and Birdman Jnr? They would smash the f**k out of all of these new pretty boys (assuming it was in the script...)

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Has Willis Meehan been discussed? Approved and lining up next weekend?

According to the article he is fighting next Friday, so he won't be playing but appears he will be cleared to officially join us from next week.
Interesting siging, I wonder if he is match fit and ready to go?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/05/27/...-former-sydney-roosters-bad-boy-willis-meehan

NRL set to clear Willis Meehan to play for Parramatta Eels next week
the_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole
2 hours ago

THE NRL is set to clear former Sydney Roosters bad boy Willis Meehan to play for Parramatta next week.

A superb all round athlete and junior boxing champion, Meehan has been desperate to kick-start his league career after being sacked by the Roosters following an assault charge in 2015.

Last week I wrote that Meehan had agreed to terms with the Eels but the stumbling block was getting cleared by the NRL Integrity Unit.

But sources have told me that Meehan – who has been likened in build and style to the great Sonny Bill Williams – will get the green light to join the Eels next week.

A former Australian amateur super-heavyweight champion, Meehan, aged still only 21, has unfinished business in boxing.

He has a bout scheduled in Sydney next Friday against Danny Rio and the Eels have agreed to let him fight one more time before resuming his league career.

Meehan played one top grade game for the Roosters in 2014 and will be a handy mid-season addition to the aggressive Eels pack.

Bazal

Post Whore
According to the article he is fighting next Friday, so he won't be playing but appears he will be cleared to officially join us from next week.
Interesting siging, I wonder if he is match fit and ready to go?

He is certainly not match fit....

Latest posts