What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

miatch

Juniors
You know what's boring? People on forums not admitting when they're wrong and continually beating their chests about the same mantra, regardless of evidence.

I doubted Alvaro and Kaysa's ability to consistently provide positively for our team in the top grade - each of them completely refuted my opinion last night, and I hope they continue to do so in the future.

People calling for bigger forward packs or new hookers speak like BA goes to the player market shop each week and just refuses to buy - you can only buy what's available and only pay what the salary cap allows for. Sure he could have bought *insert favourite player playing for another team here*, but that means we couldn't have re-signed other players that are up and coming or contribute to our team in other areas. Also, hindsight is 20/20 so don't harp on about missing out on players like Vaughn unless you can show how you thought he was worth what the Dragons paid for him before this season began. In hindsight they got him for a good deal, but it looked like ridiculous overs to everyone else in the NRL at the time.

Semi aside (and that's still an evolving story) we have at least our Top 20 players locked in, Evans coming next year and a great deal of flexibility in our cap going forward. That's cause for celebration, even if we don't win the comp this year. Premierships very rarely happen in one swift movement (Sharks 2015 was crazy), they take time, and if don't remember, 2016 was maybe the worst single season for any NRL team, ever.

I'd be much more worried about being a Knights, Raiders, Souths, Warriors or Panthers fan.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You know what's boring? People on forums not admitting when they're wrong and continually beating their chests about the same mantra, regardless of evidence.

I doubted Alvaro and Kaysa's ability to consistently provide positively for our team in the top grade - each of them completely refuted my opinion last night, and I hope they continue to do so in the future.

People calling for bigger forward packs or new hookers speak like BA goes to the player market shop each week and just refuses to buy - you can only buy what's available and only pay what the salary cap allows for. Sure he could have bought *insert favourite player playing for another team here*, but that means we couldn't have re-signed other players that are up and coming or contribute to our team in other areas. Also, hindsight is 20/20 so don't harp on about missing out on players like Vaughn unless you can show how you thought he was worth what the Dragons paid for him before this season began. In hindsight they got him for a good deal, but it looked like ridiculous overs to everyone else in the NRL at the time.

Semi aside (and that's still an evolving story) we have at least our Top 20 players locked in, Evans coming next year and a great deal of flexibility in our cap going forward. That's cause for celebration, even if we don't win the comp this year. Premierships very rarely happen in one swift movement (Sharks 2015 was crazy), they take time, and if don't remember, 2016 was maybe the worst single season for any NRL team, ever.

I'd be much more worried about being a Knights, Raiders, Souths, Warriors or Panthers fan.

Well said.

Two things have impressed me about BA lately:

(1) signing Evans. I think this shows that he also feels we need a taller body in the middle, so he went and signed a pretty damn handy player in Evans.

(2) he started Vave and benched Matagi. I like Matagi, but I think he lacks the size to start a game. But he looked really good after Vave set a strong platform up front.

BA is the type of guy who learns from his mistakes, and doesn't seem to be the stubborn "I'll keep doing the same thing" type, even when it doesn't work.

T.S Quint

Coach
Surely Alvaro has proven his critics wrong. There's areas we need to improve on, but Polar is getting the job done week in, week out.

He's had two excellent weeks of footy in a row. This along with plenty of solid performances earlier in the year have him squarely in our top 17. He's going well. Yet another player where I don't understand the hate.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
We did. As previously explained we were in the box seat to sign him until the Dragons came in with their ridiculous offer at the last minute. Like I said hindsight is 20/20 but we were his destination until the Dragons came along at the last minute.
I think that was sarcasm miatch.....at the risk of reigniting an argument that has been finished 8 times

hindy111

Post Whore
Just a gut feel and you know how famous that is. Why hasn't Hayne announced that he is staying with the Titans? Seems strange especially when it has coincided with the first SOO. If he was you would think he would commit by now. I reckon there is a big chance he will play somewhere else. I'm. not saying with us but just somewhere else. I haven't been this excited since the premiere of A Nightmare on Elm Street 6, What will he do?

As a 6yld i disobeyed my parents and got up to watch at 11pm. Not a good idea. I pissed the bed for the next week.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's had two excellent weeks of footy in a row. This along with plenty of solid performances earlier in the year have him squarely in our top 17. He's going well. Yet another player where I don't understand the hate.

Not hate but simmilar to Mannah. Would you agree his forms improved at same time of Manu,Tepai and Scotts? I reckon its helped.
Mannahs game thou has stayed same.As has Matagi.

Latest posts