What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Hastings is the man. We may get Rein on the cheap if dragons go after Farrah. Then add a forward.

Rein is terrible. And the reason he hasn't signed with the Dragons is because he wants 500k. Hastings will most likely end up at the Dragons

oldmancraigy

Coach
Oh well.

Players do change clubs, it is a business after all. But I won't lie, hopefully Hayne's career goes the way of Forans...

Surely there is a big risk in signing him after 2 years away? Glad we didn't go over a mill.
Good luck to the Titans - NRL needs a strong team there, and if they played puppet master to get him there, oh well, c'est la vie.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think it will work out in the end too..........just like Cherry Evans. Titans dodged a bullet with him, and he hasn't done much for Manly this year. They have done better without him.

Yes, we will suffer next year but we will have cash to spend for 2018. I think we will be better in the long run............

I am just annoyed with the whole "I will come back to Parramatta" rubbish............Hayne is a liar and doesn't honour his word at the end of the day. Jamie Lyon part 2.
Like I said all along, I'm sure Hayne was keen to come back to Parra if we kept making the biggest offer. Obviously we didn't this time.

The Colonel

Immortal
To be fair Avenger hedged his bets over the past week. Last prediction was 50%/50%.

Hedged his bets? He has had a gut feel from the moment the bloke left. Told everyone he would be back.

As much as it sucks right now I knew that he wouldn't play for Parramatta ever again the moment he f**ked off. Just really puts the icing on this f**ked up cake called 2016.

Chipmunk

Coach
Calm down people, it aren't the end of the world. Hayne is the greatest eel I have seen play, he is a freak!! And it will hurt seeing him with another club.

But it aren't all doom!! We have cash and a decent side already.

For all we know, BA may have not been willing to match the Titans offer.

I'm fine with us not signing The Plane, but the current squad of signed players for next season will finish bottom 4. We need to spend our cash on the right options.

hindy111

Post Whore
Very disappointing if true. Hayne should be remembered as playing only for the Eels whilst in the NRL. Interesting that the Titans can afford him whilst this year also getting: Peats, Hurrell, McQueen retaining Elgey and also signing Taylor.

Maybe we should have let the NRL take over our FC board?

bitter man- they have a shit squad - would elgey and taylor be costing a lot? or hurrell

ash411

Bench
Just a quick note to everyone manning the doomsday alarms...

We've already proven that we can play and win without Hayne. He was not a must have signing, he was a nice to have.

Does it sucks that he went back on his word to sign with the Titans, sure it does, can you blame him? No.

Think of it this way, we now have shitloads of money we can spend getting our team right, that's a big positive for us.

Just because we didn't get Hayne does not mean that we are screwed. We still have a good team, and now on top of having a good team we also have money to build it up further.

All that being said, I'm also not saying don't hate on Jarryd either, if you wanna hate on him, feel free, it's warranted, but don't tie the clubs future to him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Titans look like breaking their Finals drought this year, and if not, now that they have Hayne for 2017 and a fit Elgey to make a spine of Peats, Taylor, Elgey and Hayne they'll defo be there next year.... Meanwhile, Hayne's decision and Foran's meltdown along with the other players we have let go means we might be further away from the Finals than we've been for a while!

And, dare I say it, we still haven't re-signed Norman as far as I know.... Last Friday when Foran was released, things were looking up.... 5 days later and we're back in the poop!

no titans best players bird and zeb are getting old. They have over achieved this year and still wont make finals.
Next year reality will hit.

Chipmunk

Coach
Hastings is the man. We may get Rein on the cheap if dragons go after Farrah. Then add a forward.

We need to sign Norman first.

Hastings will be a decent pickup.

Rein is not really any better than De Gois.

We need to find some much better forwards.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
At this stage we will have the worst spine in the comp next year. Even Newcastle's spine is better.

how often did we have our full spine this year ? Foran hardly played / peats was injured and then left. Gordon can't pass a ball. Yet we were still on the fringe of the top 4 before the shit went down,

Assuming Norman stays ( which is the key) and, Gutherson goes to fullback who is probably already as good as Gordon but with play making skills. De gois / Pritchard play hooker. So our spine is as good as this year and we still have a million to spend.

We will be ok, probably have a better squad for 2017.

Latest posts