What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

EelsFan05

Bench
Anyone heard the rumours & stuff about I. Folau being keen on another run at league.. in the near future?

Edit. Just saw this has already been posted on the other page. I heard this arvo that its a one year deal to be announced after the World Cup.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
I’m not sure the best player in the wallabies earning well over $1m a year is going to come back to the NRL with a team that is still in growth/development stage for a single year deal...

We’d be absolutely stupid to offer him over $600k, especially for a one year deal. It’d take him a year to Learn to tackle again - he hasn’t had to make one in 5 years

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What do you mean 'especially for a one year deal'? One year contracts are when you are most likely to pay the most (per year) for a player.

Folau on the wing would almost be a one for one replacement for Radradra, especially if his defence was poor.

strider

Post Whore
Surely Folau will go to the Broncos with the NRL paying all of his salary, and with cap compensation being allowed for the disruption to the existing squad?
There will be no salary issues. Like everyone else he is hanging to play for just 150k at the broncos ... and he will then free up 1m when he goes back to union in 12 months time

El Diablo

Post Whore
Thats how it seems to work for some clubs.
C0GEskmUkAAQv8o.jpg

Glenneel

Bench
Have to respectfully disagree here. King will never be the player Friend already is. If he becomes available (which is probably a pretty big if) then we would be mad not to have a fair crack.
You're right Soren, Rooster's sombrero will allow him to stay along with every other player. The Daily Telecrap published the (real or imagined) salaries paid by the Roosters to their players, and some players are grossly underpaid. Whatever happened to paying market value? Apparently goes out the window for Roosters, Broncos and the few other favoured clubs.

Glenneel

Bench
What do you mean 'especially for a one year deal'? One year contracts are when you are most likely to pay the most (per year) for a player.

Folau on the wing would almost be a one for one replacement for Radradra, especially if his defence was poor.
Pou are you mad? He will play fullback (as he can't tackle, part of his union and Wannibies contract) with French to wing and Gutho to centre to replace Taka.

Stevie

Bench
Pou are you mad? He will play fullback (as he can't tackle, part of his union and Wannibies contract) with French to wing and Gutho to centre to replace Taka.

I’d really like to think Gutherson is a lock as our number 1 next year. He proved his absolute class this year with bugger all preparation there.

I tend to think BA thinks this also.