What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stevie

Bench
Was reading an article about Alex Twal this morning. About what Brad Fittler was saying about him and Moses. Reckons Moses has a long rep career in front of him the way he is going and said the same about Twal. He talked Twal up big time.
Can't remember the details around him leaving but I thought he was highly regarded by the club? I wonder if he will end up back at Eels some day.

Incorrect

Coach
Was reading an article about Alex Twal this morning. About what Brad Fittler was saying about him and Moses. Reckons Moses has a long rep career in front of him the way he is going and said the same about Twal. He talked Twal up big time.
Can't remember the details around him leaving but I thought he was highly regarded by the club? I wonder if he will end up back at Eels some day.
Was highly regarded by the club but the Tigers simply offered more banana's and a longer contract that we weren't prepared to match at the time is my understanding. Nothing more to it I don't think

84 Baby

Referee
He wasn't going to get game time with us barring a injury epidemic. He ended up playing 9 games for Tigs. Kind of a wrong place, wrong time for us

Glenneel

Bench
Faingaa is under contract at the Eels for a further 2 years, he was signed from the Wests Magpies Ball side.
That's good news, despite Pou not liking him I do. Yes he might not make NRL but is big, elusive and has good skills, so a good base to work from. Is still a project player but after playing for Fiji might go to another level. Now up to the coaches to get the best from him.

Incorrect

Coach
That's good news, despite Pou not liking him I do. Yes he might not make NRL but is big, elusive and has good skills, so a good base to work from. Is still a project player but after playing for Fiji might go to another level. Now up to the coaches to get the best from him.
Good Skills? Napoleon Dynamite kind of skills like with nunchucks and a bo-staff?

hindy111

Post Whore
Fair enough, it happens.

Aliaoi would not make our top 17. He is an ok run of the mill player.
Is Niakuroe any worse?

Twal and Fuimaino both look decent. Neither would improve our top 17 at this point.

Id rather be a good team that doesnt have to pay overs for juniors then the other way around.

TheRam

Coach
Brad Fittler earmarks Mitchell Moses, Alex Twal as future NSW Blues stars

BRAD Fittler refuses to be drawn on his likely appointment as the next Blues coach but he’s more than happy to anoint two of his Cedars as future NSW stars.

Fittler, who is the favourite to take over from Laurie Daley, didn’t want to talk about his chances of landing the gig but was full of praise for two of the young guns he has been coaching for Lebanon at the World Cup.

The former league great, who has a keen eye for talent, has earmarked Tigers forward Alex Twal and Eels halfback Mitchell Mosses for long representative careers.

Twal, who was let go by the Eels mid-season, has been a standout for Lebanon in both their pool matches.

In their clash with England the only forward on both sides to register more metres than Twal was Tom Burgess, who scored a runaway try.

Against a formidable opposition pack, he old churned out 145 metres and didn’t shy away from the hard work making 52 tackles.

The 20-year old, who stands at 192cm and weighs in at 106kg, has the right pedigree and is a former Junior Kangaroo and has represented NSW at all junior levels including under-20s, 18s and 16s.

Moses’ talent and game-breaking ability was on show for everyone to see against France when he came up with a flashy chip and chase try to secure a historic win for Lebanon.

But Fittler says players like Moses and Twal have more to offer the Blues than fancy footwork and blockbusting runs.

He says they would bring the kind of attitude needed to succeed in the Origin arena.

“Absolutely [they are future Blues stars],” Fittler said.

“Specifically talking about those two. They are outstanding.

“The big thing is how they are outside the footy field.

“Are they easy to get along with or are they hard work? Do they add value to the place or do they detract from it?

“And both players have been fantastic, they have brought a heap of energy and what players like them do is give everything they have got. They come as themselves and they don’t try to hide from it.”

As well as future representative stars, Lebanon is a minnow team filled with young players on the brink of NRL stardom.

Fittler has had some of the brightest prospects at this disposal during this World Cup campaign including Parramatta fullback Anthony Layoun and South Sydney’s Adam Doueihi.

And it’s Cedars captain Robbie Farah who knows better than most the way in which a career can be boosted with a single Test match.

Farah credits his international debut as an 18-year old for spring boarding his NRL career.

“There’s a lot of young kids in our side that I have no doubt clubs are watching. A couple of good games in the World Cup and you never know what might happen,” Farah said.

“Anthony [Layoun] who’s at Parramatta, I have been really impressed with him. Adam [Doueihi] who has been with me with Souths this year and I think this World Cup campaign will do massive things for him as well.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...s/news-story/b5993105ff2050a7cdcdd981d7fe4605

This one may come back to bite us.

Bazal

Post Whore
FFS this is ridiculous (and I rate Twal).

Yes he's been a great pick up for the Tigers, but at this stage he is basically a clone of several players we already have and he has struggled thus far to put on the mass that would change that. Can't have it both ways, do we want more workers or bigger props?

TheRam

Coach
FFS this is ridiculous (and I rate Twal).

Yes he's been a great pick up for the Tigers, but at this stage he is basically a clone of several players we already have and he has struggled thus far to put on the mass that would change that. Can't have it both ways, do we want more workers or bigger props?

He is only 20 mate and plenty of time to fill out.

Gronk

Staff member
Argh @TheRam With you the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, when it is fertilised with paranoia.

Relax brother !

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anyhow while we may regret letting Twal go, I bet you the tigers will definitely regret letting Moses go!!

History will show we got the better half of the deal!!

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
“The big thing is how they are outside the footy field.

“Are they easy to get along with or are they hard work? Do they add value to the place or do they detract from it?

“And both players have been fantastic, they have brought a heap of energy and what players like them do is give everything they have got. They come as themselves and they don’t try to hide from it.”
The only thing I really regret about losing Twal is this comment. Mannah compared him to Nathan Brown in off field attitude. They can be the type of players who can make the team more than the sum of its parts

Latest posts