What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
but it seems rather odd the Titans were using none of the marquee player allowance until Hayne signed

it's not like they knew he was coming so why weren't they using it?

it's not like it all has to be spent on one player either

Their marquee allowance would have been allocated to DCE for this year but he didn't come. There is no way they would have used much (any?) of it on either McQueen, Peats or Hurrell. It doesn't surprise me that they hadn't used it all up.

Chipmunk

Coach
Their marquee allowance would have been allocated to DCE for this year but he didn't come. There is no way they would have used much (any?) of it on either McQueen, Peats or Hurrell. It doesn't surprise me that they hadn't used it all up.

I would imagine that all three of McQueen, Peats and Hurrell would have part of the salary subsidised by their previous clubs.

Gronk

Staff member
Match fixing scandal set to explode
By The Mole
August 5, 2016

NRL’s match fixing scandal is set to explode in the next 24 hours.

RLW has learned that Channel Seven and Fairfax Media are set to make sensational claims about the scandal.

The Organised Crime Squad has been investigating suspicious activity in several matches since early June.

The 2015 round 16 match between South Sydney and Manly, won by the Rabbitohs 20-8, and a round 24 clash between Manly and Parramatta, won by the Eels 20-16 are at the centre of allegations.

But a game earlier this season is also believed to be under investigation.

Stand by for developments.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/match...d=761377926386298881&adbpl=tw&adbpr=236216311

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The game may have involves us but the allegations will be against our opposition I believe
idk.gif

Dibs

Bench
I'm guessing Lyon was happy to be at either place. If a player on big money wants to be somewhere else a club will let him go.
So it depends if the player wants to be somewhere else? So in other words you can't just sign anyone you want?

Dibs

Bench
Don't worry we are not involved in match fixing. If we were we would have recorded it in the minutes as well as kept an audio recording of the conversation on a computer

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Be funny if it involved a certain sports reporter and a punter/brother owner

The Colonel

Immortal
Channel Seven have announced that the game in question is the corresponding game to tonight's match earlier in the year where a punter has placed a bet of $18,000 on the 4.5 start for the Eels to win.

Latest posts