What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelogical

Referee
Last time I checked none of them are rep level players or elite.

Moses, Brown and Gutho could reach that level but they have all struggled this year, big time.

How can Mahoney be mentioned? His played 2 games FFS!

I was only pointing out that we don't always sign 'out to pasture' cattle. Given the right bunch or players around him Mahoney will do better than our last bunch of hookers from recent memory. I can feel it in my waters.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mennings was signed the year he got dropped from Origin not that I care as I think his been a great signing but again he certainly wasn't on the up, Scott was 32, Foran was a train wreck, Vave has been far from the form he showed at Manly, Fritchard was again another washed up one, Matagi has 1 good game every 4 weeks, T-Rex is again 30 years old, whilst he was good for us he didn't have much competition.

Now just because some of the ages shown here aren't too old whilst some definitely are too old, doesn't mean they are not past they're prime.

Mennings, Scott, Gordon (who you forgot), Foran, Vave, Fritchard, Hoffman, Williams, Hayne have all seen much better days whether you wanna believe it or not.

I am even not being harsh on people like Matagi and Evans for example who just simply have never been on the up.

What my point is washed up or not, the standard of good signings and bad signings are few and far between and this doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Let's be honest, who wears the blue and gold and kicks on for years and years.

Brown is maybe the only one, but its sucked up many of the current players whole this year and they to have gone backwards.
If they were in their prime we wouldn't have been able to afford them.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He's been clean for a bit but Corey Norman will have him partying again soon enough.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What's your point?

If the Roosters wanted to keep Fergo they would have.
Any club can sign any player if they throw enough money at them. The point is there is a salary cap, and even the Roosters (e.g. Maloney), Storm (e.g. Harris), Broncos (e.g. Hunt) and Cowboys (e.g. Ponga) lose players they want to keep.
Just like they went and signed Teddy and now Crichton, players who have years and years in them at the top level, in the elite level.
These players all continued at the top level too after leaving them:

Jennings
Maloney
SBW
RTS
Matagi
MacDonald
Pearce
When was the last time we signed someone like that?
It's a fair point, but these kinds of players are very expensive. TPAs at least reduce their hit to the cap.

But TPA providers aren't distributed equally among the clubs.

strider

Post Whore
f**k me ... are we tight arses or what? .... wheres the dedicated thread for a new signing? .... you f**kers are as tight as Frank

amitropo

Juniors
i'm more concerned about this

M8EZOdF5

he's bald :(
1 bald out another in
Scott for Fergus

hindy111

Post Whore
Not sold on this at all.

Another player signed who is on the decline, just as he has been punted from origin.

He also has at least one brain explosion in him a game, and is very hot and cold.

His size and power will be welcomed but his just another dope who I hope doesn't go back to his old ways.

I get his been better this year and in decent form but he still manages to do something ridiculous somehow every week.

Why don't we ever sign players going into they're prime? Not one's leaving it and declining.

Mansour? Fergo is as good

hindy111

Post Whore
What's your point?

If the Roosters wanted to keep Fergo they would have.

Just like they went and signed Teddy and now Crichton, players who have years and years in them at the top level, in the elite level.

When was the last time we signed someone like that?

Teddy 1million plus though. I dont see the comparrison.
Ferguson can play wing centre and fullback if need be. A guy like Mansour would be getting atleast 400k and can only play wing and injury prone.

500k seems fine. Morris boys prob still get bites at 300k

hindy111

Post Whore
Why whenever eels sign someiine the figure is printed while most other clubs nothing mentioned. What was Crightons For example.

Latest posts