What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Spot on Glenneel. But posters like Pou will say, "how do you know we are not?", bullshit he and other carry on with.

I'll tell you how not, because if Parra were serious about prising a player of that quality from the Broncos, it would be all over the news guaranteed. You can't make a serious offer to one of these blokes or more without that leaking out. No way. And it wouldn't necessarily come from the Eels camp either.

It would probably come from the players management, trying to put public pressure on the Broncos for a better offer. But in reality it would probably come from almost all parties involved giving scoops to their jurno mates as it so often does. Rub my back and I'll rub yours kind of stuff that is always going on.

There virtually are no secrets in RL, especially when it comes to Parra, and the clicks it creates for any good news story. Around 99% of our signings have been in the news way before they actually sign. There has been nothing, I mean nothing of any of these players being connected to us, which I find staggering considering that we are definitely in desperate need of quality upgrades in the forwards still, with either a frontrower or backrower if not both, and here are so many available at one club and we don't seem to be interested in forcing the Broncos hand.

Isn't the old adage, they can't keep them all applicable here?
99% of our signings are in the news beforehand? OK, I’ll take your word on that.

What percentage of polite enquiries that go nowhere do you think make the news? Also 99%?

Personally, I think there would be a lot of discussions that go on behind closed doors that we aren’t privy to at all.

To suggest that something hasn’t happened because it hasn’t been reported in the media is ridiculous tbh. Almost as ridiculous as suggesting that because it is reported in the media it actually happened!

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Poor Ram is pissed that the club doesn't leak anymore. LOL those were the days when Spags used to have at hotline to Josh .

I concede that it does make this rumours thread pretty ordinary.

What happened to this ménage à trois ? Are we still a chance ?

Norman to Titans

Cartwright to Manly

Taupau to Parra

Bazal

Post Whore
Poor Ram is pissed that the club doesn't leak anymore. LOL those were the days when Spags used to have at hotline to Josh .

I concede that it does make this rumours thread pretty ordinary.

What happened to this ménage à trois ? Are we still a chance ?

Norman to Titans

Cartwright to Manly

Taupau to Parra

Or when Fitzy not-so-subtly manipulated deadshit members through the press....

Bazal

Post Whore
Meanwhile, just for a laugh the deathriders and f**knuts lauding the Tigers re-build and players like Packer and Matulino as signings we missed should have a read through this

As it stands they'll be more like us this year than us last year in 2019

Gronk

Staff member
Meanwhile, just for a laugh the deathriders and f**knuts lauding the Tigers re-build and players like Packer and Matulino as signings we missed should have a read through this

As it stands they'll be more like us this year than us last year in 2019

I was wondering why they were not visiting here much anymore, venting their hate towards Moses. They are too busy venting their hate towards Packer and Matulino .
lol.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
I was wondering why they were not visiting here much anymore, venting their hate towards Moses. They are too busy venting their hate towards Packer and Matulino .
lol.gif

It's not much different to this forum tbh. Good to see given the barrage of shit they came over here with.

But we definitely should have beaten the 550K offer for Packer f**ken!!!

TheRam

Coach
99% of our signings are in the news beforehand? OK, I’ll take your word on that.

What percentage of polite enquiries that go nowhere do you think make the news? Also 99%?

Personally, I think there would be a lot of discussions that go on behind closed doors that we aren’t privy to at all.

To suggest that something hasn’t happened because it hasn’t been reported in the media is ridiculous tbh. Almost as ridiculous as suggesting that because it is reported in the media it actually happened!

Sorry mate if I wasn't clear. When I said 99% I meant of serious pursuit not just a polite discussion or inquiry. Totally different scenario. You know the type that an actual offer is in the process or on the table. You know the type that managers from both parties are in serious ongoing discussion about.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Sorry mate if I wasn't clear. When I said 99% I meant of serious pursuit not just a polite discussion or inquiry. Totally different scenario. You know the type that an actual offer is in the process or on the table. You know the type that managers from both parties are in serious ongoing discussion about.
Cool. That requires the party that is being chased to actually be interested. I reckon a lot of up-front enquiries get knocked back and hence we never hear about them.

Stevie

Bench
Kurt Baptist going back to Raiders potentially to be back up as Roosters have Radley now. Is he any good? Could he be worth offering a starting role to for 12monfhs as opposed to backup for Raiders? Haven’t seen much of him tbh.

Chipmunk

Coach
My world is too warm to pitch lager yeast. My fridge has lots of very clean ale yeast. My palate enjoys the occasional pils that i pitch Ale yeast onto. It's pils to me. I admit i'm just a homebrewer and not a f**king trendy f**king beersnob though, so what would I know?
BTW, all them expensive IPA's you like, aren't really IPA's unless they have been brewed with old world hops and gone on a long ocean passage to India lol.

I'm currently brewing a lager...

Kurt Baptist going back to Raiders potentially to be back up as Roosters have Radley now. Is he any good? Could he be worth offering a starting role to for 12monfhs as opposed to backup for Raiders? Haven’t seen much of him tbh.

Baptist.? NO thanks. Shit service doesnt kick. Cant tackle
Id prefer king & Pritchard so thats saying something

Bazal

Post Whore

Slower than King and can't kick.

lingard

Coach
The Brady Bunch comparison is flawed. Rugby league is still predominantly played by working class people.

If you were to poll players and come up with a list of the best leaders in the game, the majority wouldn’t have a prior history of really shitty behaviour.

You really don't understand what Hindy111 is saying - or you're just pretending? I think you're just pretending. Very naughty.

Latest posts