What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hey aren't you one who doesnt like people calling others overweight.
The Duke hardly fat. He is sturdy and robust.Powerfull looking.

It was a joke - a joke in poor taste, though.

Gus is a good man - a great mind of the game. I actually enjoy what he says about the game, and I agree with you that we could do with someone like him at our club.

I apologise unreservedly, Mr. Gould.

hindy111

Post Whore
This is just lovely the last 24hrs on this forum.
I mean can everyone now see how beautiful it is to talk about the Duke?

hindy111

Post Whore
With Norman I reckon BA feels he is disruptive and his decision has little to do with form. I reckon Moses will be given till mid next year to see how goes.
BA is putting his balls on the line. Doubt he is predicting Salmon to be better then Norman....

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fr...big-name-to-feel-the-axe-20180807-p4zw3i.html

French becomes the latest Eels big name to feel the axe

Adrian Proszenko7 August 2018 — 8:04pm

Bevan French is the latest high-profile casualty of Parramatta’s disastrous season after being axed to reserve grade in a move that further clouds his future.

French has been left out of coach Brad Arthur’s side for Saturday night’s clash with St George Illawarra, despite being a part of the side that defeated the Gold Coast. The 22-year-old ran for 75 metres against the Titans, but also missed a tackle and made five errors. After starting the season in his preferred position of fullback, French was shifted to the wing and now finds himself punted to feeder team Wentworthville.

While French is contracted until the end of next season, he admitted he would have no one to blame if he was squeezed out of Parramatta.

“Anyone would be filthy, no one wants to get that tap on the shoulder,” French said last week. “I guess in saying that I haven’t been in the best form compared to recent years. I’d be disappointed if things to go down that path, but I’d have no one to blame but myself.

“As a player, you should be able to put yourself in a position where they don’t do those things. At the moment, I don’t think I’m up to standard … I can’t blame others if that happens.”

French has made no secret of his desire to play fullback and conceded he would have to review his options at the end of the year.

“My manager, a couple of clubs have contacted him,” French said. “He’s been smart and good and fair in the way he has told them and told me, I just want to focus on finishing this year first before I even start looking at anything else. I’ve got to start getting some form before I worry about anything else. I haven’t had any thoughts of leaving or staying, to be honest.”

With French gone, Corey Norman will shift to fullback, Clint Gutherson moves to the centres, Jarryd Hayne shifts to the wing and rookie Jaemon Salmon starts at pivot.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/panthers-coaching-conundrum-could-prove-taxing-20180807-p4zw2m.html

Sydney clubs in supremo battle

Parramatta is on the lookout for a head of football to help them out of the doldrums, and Manly could soon follow suit.

The Eels are currently reviewing their football department and one of the aims is to find someone to oversee it, akin to Phil Gould's role at Penrith. As it stands, Parramatta CEO Bernie Gurr doubles as the head of football, but the newly created role will allow Gurr to oversee the running of the business, while the footy boss will allow Brad Arthur to focus on coaching the side.

Manly is also without a footy boss after Bob Fulton retired. The Silvertails are in the process of bolstering their back-office staff with a series of appointments that include a recruiter/list manager, a pathways coach and a welfare and education officer.

However, serious consideration is being given to appointing an NRL director of football to assist Trent Barrett and oversee all aspects of the footy program. With few high-calibre candidates that fit the bill, the arch-rivals could be in a battle to get in first.

Gronk

Staff member
Bob Fulton ^^^ :smirk: an immortal caught up in the Manly salary cap shenanigans. How come everyone has gone silent ?

https://m.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/immortal-and-untouchable-how-bob-fulton-escaped-pu/3371271/

Immortal and untouchable: Why Bozo escaped Manly punishment

"It's fair to say Bob was heavily involved in negotiations for the period of time he worked at Manly," Greenberg said, adding that Fulton was never interviewed by the Integrity Unit during its investigation of the salary cap breaches.

"The Integrity Unit reached out to Bob on several occasions. We understand that he was unavailable for interview at the times we requested."

While the elusive Manly legend has no immediate penalty to pay, Greenberg said his actions would come under scrutiny if he was ever again to attempt to take an official role within rugby league.

"He would have to apply for registration like everyone else and we would have to consider that application if and when it was available," Greenberg said.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
deathrider

giphy.gif

Latest posts