What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/t...e/news-story/91838ee95295664800a94e25bd8a241b

Tigers slam Panthers as unethical over Ivan Cleary debacle

AAP August 8, 2018 8:53pm

WESTS Tigers chair Marina Go has accused Penrith of unethical behaviour in its pursuit of the club’s coach, Ivan Cleary.

Speaking to Fox Sports’ League Life program on Wednesday just before heading into a club board meeting where the coaching situation will be discussed, Go accused Penrith of bad behaviour and said her club was trying to get on with business as usual.

“I think it’s really poor form that they have approached our coach when he has two years left on his contract,” she said.

Asked if Penrith were behaving unethically, Go replied, “Yes, I would say so, yes. Absolutely.” Cleary is expected to seek a release from his Tigers contract and link with the Panthers next season, three years after being sacked from the club. The move follows Monday’s shock sacking of Penrith coach Anthony Griffin. Go said she missed a call from Panthers general manager Phil Gould on Wednesday morning but she is not in a hurry to return it.

“I don’t know what he wants to say … he wants to speak to me, I have no reason to speak to him,” she said.

Go said the Tigers are not “looking for sympathy” and only want what they are legally entitled to.

“We value (Cleary), he’s a fantastic coach, he’s done such great things with our club,” Go said.

“The players love him … we want to retain that, and we have every reason to, and every right to.” Go said she spoke to Cleary on Monday night, and the coach confirmed to her in that conversation that he had been “approached” by another club. She says she came out of that conversation “feeling positive” and nothing has changed since then.

The club has been steadfast in its position that they would not let Cleary walk out on his contract.

“Ivan has not asked for a release,” Go said.

“Even if he were seeking a release we wouldn’t grant him a release. That position hasn’t changed.”

The smile on your face
Is full of semen
There's some jizz in your eyes
That's probably stinging

You say it best
With El D's wang in your mouth.
The spunk on your face lets me know you've been working
There's a truth in your eyes saying you're good at twerking
A touch of your hand says you'll wank me if ever I call
Now you say it best when you say nothing at all

El Diablo

Post Whore
Unsure. That would seem odd as they're then putting a General Manager in charge of a CEO who should be the head of the company. The CEO should only be chosen by the board. Very odd set-up if true.
the Penrith board think the sun shines out of bee sting heads arsehole and would turf the CEO if he said so

Unsure. That would seem odd as they're then putting a General Manager in charge of a CEO who should be the head of the company. The CEO should only be chosen by the board. Very odd set-up if true.
I just remember Gus talking about how the last guy (the weirdo who lasted a few months) was appointed, and it seemed like that was the case. And tonight Hook was very clear in saying that it's Gus' club.

Gronk

Staff member
I just remember Gus talking about how the last guy (the weirdo who lasted a few months) was appointed, and it seemed like that was the case. And tonight Hook was very clear in saying that it's Gus' club.

I actually found Hook to be a genuine guy and his very juniors oriented.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Pressure will mount on Gus soon and eventually his bee sting head will explode.

giphy.gif

Chipmunk

Coach

According to Griffin on NRL360, its Gus' club. He essentially decides everything. He insuated that the board did nothing without Gus' say so.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I actually found Hook to be a genuine guy and his very juniors oriented.

He does come from Brisbane who do have a large junior base to choose from but also a very good set-up. Luckily we've also got someone from Brisbane who's in charge of our junior elite program.

strider

Post Whore
Its the Gus show out there ... the job titles are just names .... im sure they all have their tasks to perform .... but i reckon Gus controls it all