What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Panthers would have been better off sacking the fat f**k and keeping Hook.

Who in their right mind would take on the coaching gig while Gus in there, how many coaches has he sacked now ?
Its becoming a problem for them. Gus did a pretty good job of spinning things on his podcast yesterday but you still have to wonder what is going on in his brain.

The fact that they are going for Ivan again after previously arseholing him is bizarre. If its about keeping Nathan then why the f**k didn't they think of that beforehand?

Gronk

Staff member
Well being sacked twice doesn’t look good on your resume, I’ll be shocked if he gets another coaching gig.

TBH most coaches get sacked. This is not all clubs, but there are very few coaches who have seen out their contracts. I haven't even included Knights Tigers Dogs etc. I'd finish it only I am sure I have proved my point.

Sydney Roosters
Graham Murray
Ricky Stuart
Chris Anderson
Brad Fittler

St George
David Waite
Andrew Farrar
Nathan Brown
Wayne Bennett
Steve Price

South Sydney
Paul Langmack
Arthur Kitinas
Shaun McRae
Jason Taylor
John Lang
Michael Maguire

Manly Sea Eagles
Peter Sharp
Des Hasler
Geoff Toovey

Cronulla Sharks
Stuart Raper
Ricky Stuart
Peter Sharp
James Shepherd

Penrith Panthers
Ivan Cleary
Matthew Elliott
Stece Georgallis
John Lang

Gold Coast Titans
John Cartwright
Neil Henry

Parramatta Eels
John Monie
Mick Cronin
Ron Hilditch
Brian Smith
Jason Taylor
Michael Hagan
Daniel Anderson
Stephen Kearney
Ricky Stuart

Nth Qld Cowboys
Grant bell
Neil Henry
Murray Hurst
Graham Lowe
Graham Murray
Ian Milward
Tim Sheens

hindy111

Post Whore
Im yet to be convinced that Hook is a gumby. What has he done wrong?

Way I see it with Hook. The roster is good and some great juniors. But plenty also didnt like him. Listen to Soward.
It is a side that mosdt coaches would get in the top 8. You have NSW halves combo and there prop. Along with peach on bench. Thre former Aus players in Tamou,Merrin,Mansour.
Nz internationals in Whare,Dwz, Jfh
Then weapons like Blake, Kikau.

It is a gun roster who I doubt Hook created. The team has been leaking points of late and it hasnt been fixed. This is a top 4 side in Gus eyes and copping 50 points was embarrasing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Its becoming a problem for them. Gus did a pretty good job of spinning things on his podcast yesterday but you still have to wonder what is going on in his brain.

The fact that they are going for Ivan again after previously arseholing him is bizarre. If its about keeping Nathan then why the f**k didn't they think of that beforehand?

Did they know Nathan was a keeper 3 yrs ago? Also do think Gus is crunching numbers going look......
Nathan is worth 1 mill. Your getting 800k. Hows 850k for your son and 1.3 for you sound? Its Duke playing the Salary cap. Even if was none of these thing he wpuld know he can keep the son there cheaper due tp his dad being there.

Glenneel

Bench
I'm guessing Stone and Kaufusi to be top 30 next year. Maybe Faingaa, though he is more likely to score a development spot. Tupou and Dresler both graduate but I would think they'd score a development contract at best. Utoikamanu is interesting. Playing front row in reserve grade at 18 is a huge achievement. He could be in the dev squad next year as well, but with his rapid rise who knows what he could be doing next year?
We spend a lot of money developing these guys but seem willing to throw them onto the scrap heap very quickly. As you know some players take a while to mature and achieve their potential. I would have thought that those with potential be developed further. Give them a minimum NRL contract, mentor them, give them full time training and see how they go. If they don't improve in 12 months then make a decision on their future. They can't be worse than some of the nuffies we have signed up for more than minimum lately.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Did they know Nathan was a keeper 3 yrs ago?
Obviously not.

Also do think Gus is crunching numbers going look......
Nathan is worth 1 mill. Your getting 800k. Hows 850k for your son and 1.3 for you sound? Its Duke playing the Salary cap. Even if was none of these thing he wpuld know he can keep the son there cheaper due tp his dad being there.
Perhaps. Personally I don't see Ivan going back. How could he trust Gould?

Gronk

Staff member
Personally I don't see Ivan going back. How could he trust Gould?

Both Brooks and Nathan Cleary are off contract in 2020. He can go and play with Dad if he wants, just not now. Seems to be a huge shit storm, just to bring forward the inevitable by a year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You sure about that?

I thought Cleary’s last year was 2015 where the panthers finished 11th on 22 points only 2 points from last position!
I’m sure, in 2015 they had an absolute horror Injury toll.

They still won 9 games, BA has won just 5 but you want to make all the excuses in the world for him.

Hook took over an already strong roster and it was added too plus the juniors they had coming through. Last night was revision history as far as I’m concerned, was he harshly done by I’d say yes but he is hardly the person innocent victim he is claiming to be. Just listen to his former players if you want a good guide on the bloke.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hiney never lets the facts get in the way of a good whine.
Bullshit, see my reply to Josh, they still won 9 games in 2015 with the the worst injury toll in league. As I said Josh is happy to downplay Cleary that season but is also happy to make all the excuses under the son for BA.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I’m sure, in 2015 they had an absolute horror Injury toll.

They still won 9 games, BA has won just 5 but you want to make all the excuses in the world for him.

Hook took over an already strong roster and it was added too plus the juniors they had coming through. Last night was revision history as far as I’m concerned, was he harshly done by I’d say yes but he is hardly the person innocent victim he is claiming to be. Just listen to his former players if you want a good guide on the bloke.

Whatever, argue with yourself, but still doesn’t change the fact that this quote from you is incorrect:

the year before they made the top 4

Latest posts