What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This BA doesn't hire better people stuff amuses me as I know who BAs first choice was to replace Gentle. He only wanted the job part time so it didn't happen. Its the reason it took so long before Kidwell came on board. And no I'm not gonna say who it was. I'll leave it to chiefy with all his contacts to work out who it was. He's in the know
I’m guessing Madge, since he landed the NZ gig.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well if it was it probably proves how stupid the theory is about hiring assistants who have been more successful than the head coach
Well it’s not my theory mate.

Madge would of been an excellent pick up, NZ’s effort tonight just proved it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...h/news-story/603e1626587d814543164f95b44e15f9

SHOOSH

WHICH Kiwi International is Parramatta considering as the answer to spark their attack in 2019?

EASTER BONANZA FOR EELS V TIGERS

THE 2019 NRL season draw is just days from being finalised — minus a historic US kick-off.

Todd Greenberg’s dream to launch the season in America has been put on hold as it proved too great a financial risk.

The NRL will continue to investigate ways to cover the costs of staging the season kick-off in the US for the start of 2020.

One much-anticipated match set for allocation is for the grand opening of the new Western Sydney Stadium, where Parramatta will call home.

The Eels have been told to prepare to host their first home game against Wests Tigers on Easter Monday in round six.

For now, you won’t catch either club or NRL officials confirming the date as the NSW government wants to grandstand the announcement.

The NRL has completed the 2019 season draw in near record time and, in a bid to beat the AFL to its draw release, Greenberg had contemplated making it public on Thursday.

However, it’s more likely the draw release will be postponed by a further week to avoid taking the spotlight and attention away from Australia’s eagerly awaited Test match with Tonga in New Zealand on Saturday.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/de...ircut-to-return-to-manly-20181013-p509ie.html

A Friend indeed

Blake Ferguson has been closely monitored by the Eels – but not for his on-field displays, because they have been there for all to see.

‘‘We’ve been in touch with the Roosters and he has been great away from football,’’ Eels chief executive Bernie Gurr said. ‘‘He gives us something we don’t have – an Origin- and international-standard player.’’

What the Eels may not be across is the brilliant support Ferguson was given all year by Roosters co-captain Jake Friend. The Roosters No.9 made Ferguson a pet project and there is no question Fergo was the winger of the year this season. The Eels need him to back that up next year.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Pou refuting we had a culture problem...

If we had a culture problem we would've kept these merkins.

Jesse Bromwich and Proctor got done for coke too. Do the Storm have a culture problem?

Pou insisting culture is our problem.

Class players might but class personalities don't.

We won 29 games over the previous two years. Our problem isn't talent, it is culture. The bad leaders outnumber the good ones.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou refuting we had a culture problem...
That is referring to the club (specifically management).
Pou insisting culture is our problem.
That refers to the playing group. So you could say culture is still a problem in the squad but club management won't let it remain a problem into the future.

Hopefully anyway. I wonder if Gurr still wants to retayne Hayne after the review.

strider

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...h/news-story/603e1626587d814543164f95b44e15f9

SHOOSH

WHICH Kiwi International is Parramatta considering as the answer to spark their attack in 2019?

THE 2019 NRL season draw is just days from being finalised — minus a historic US kick-off.

Todd Greenberg’s dream to launch the season in America has been put on hold as it proved too great a financial risk.

The NRL will continue to investigate ways to cover the costs of staging the season kick-off in the US for the start of 2020.

One much-anticipated match set for allocation is for the grand opening of the new Western Sydney Stadium, where Parramatta will call home.

The Eels have been told to prepare to host their first home game against Wests Tigers on Easter Monday in round six.

For now, you won’t catch either club or NRL officials confirming the date as the NSW government wants to grandstand the announcement.

The NRL has completed the 2019 season draw in near record time and, in a bid to beat the AFL to its draw release, Greenberg had contemplated making it public on Thursday.

However, it’s more likely the draw release will be postponed by a further week to avoid taking the spotlight and attention away from Australia’s eagerly awaited Test match with Tonga in New Zealand on Saturday.
Why wouldnt they keep the easter monday game at ANZ where it can score a few more thousand who pop in after being at the easter show - and it will attract a big crowd anyway .... and then have a different match for the opening on say the sunday after where they can attract a sellout simply cos its the opening

Are we gonna play any home matches at anz next year?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

SHOOSH

Danny Levi ??

TheRam

Coach
Hey Ram. Start of season I predicted the vicous fish to play for NZ. Most on here poked fun at me.
What can I say?
Right again

I am disgusted thst not 1 out of 34 under 20s players made the rep side. Lets just hope its due to injuries or guys a little younger then others.

Spot on again Hindy with the vicious fish. When will people learn? You got the eye my friend, you got the eye, Mr 95%.

And yes it isn't a great sign for a club that has the second largest nursery in the State, spends millions on development and waxes lyrical that we have some of the best young kids in the game coming through.

And yes Hindy and I know that not every player that makes rep selection will kick on, again with the condescending manslaining type of posts by the nuthuggers, but for a club like Parra to not even get one in either team is DISGUSTING as Hindy so succinctly put it.

Nuthuggers can spin it whichever way they like, but Parra should be able to produce at least 1 or 2 junior NZ or Aus reps in any given year, especially with the amount of Islander and Maori kid that we have, just on raw talent alone even before our useless development process kicks in and stuffs up their talent.

For a coach who is said to be all about juniors this is pathetic and I hope an anomaly that will not be repeated and maybe as Hindy suggested due to injury and that the younger kids can redress this embarrassing and concerning and what should be unacceptable outcome.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That is referring to the club (specifically management).

That refers to the playing group. So you could say culture is still a problem in the squad but club management won't let it remain a problem into the future.

Hopefully anyway. I wonder if Gurr still wants to retayne Hayne after the review.
Bowling Shane.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why wouldnt they keep the easter monday game at ANZ where it can score a few more thousand who pop in after being at the easter show - and it will attract a big crowd anyway .... and then have a different match for the opening on say the sunday after where they can attract a sellout simply cos its the opening

Are we gonna play any home matches at anz next year?
Looks like a no, because I heard we would be having our first 6 games away.

Latest posts