What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
And yet with an average pack, a good 5/8. A centre-turned-half, a lower range hooker and a fullback with little attack we were competing and defeating some teams that were getting a huge leg up via the refs and a much better team than us.

A lot of other teams don't have the resolve that we have. Like Arthur said we're lacking talent on the field atm and have been for a lot of the year. Once we get most of our salary cap back on the field we'll be making these close losses into strong wins.
Hence why I included the word "currently". This discussion was about the possibility of Peats returning and the point I was making is that at this stage, the Titans have a much better roster for next year than we do, making them a stronger proposition of winning the comp. This would likely make them a more attractive option.

Noise

Coach
I agree with you.

I've been saying for a while that I don't get what's so exciting about 2017.

I love our edge forwards, but our tight forwards are average at bezt; De Gois' heart and guts can't be questioned, but his service is average; we don't know who will be halfback next year...

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I don't see how we will make the 8 next year.

Yep. If we go into 2017 with the same mediocre middle, DeGois as 9 and either Robson or Gutherson partner Norman then 2017 will be another year outside the 8.

Noise

Coach
I think if Titans make the 8 this year then we stand alone as the team with the longest current streak without semi final football. Good times

Happy MEel

First Grade
Except I did. I stated that from 2012 we were being flogged and it happened for 4 years.
However the sentence preceding your comments about Sandow you refer to 2016 so I used the ambiguity to make a joke. Although the fact I've explained it has made it even less funny than it was originally...which is no mean feat.

phantom eel

First Grade
Isaac de Gois and friends?

20140825161034a_326x184.jpg

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/attachments/upload_2016-8-29_17-14-37-png.9246/

Last edited: