What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
My gut is telling me that we have a couple of signings (new ones) we will announce in a few weeks and then we will join the wait and see game as the merry-go-round starts.

Farah needs a home and will start a round of hookers being moved on - if he goes to Souffs then one of their current 2 will leave.

Titans need to renew their halves and cant see they have any cap room left after signing that former NFL and Rugby 7's dude, so expect the rumours of Bennett wanting Ash Taylor back to firm, meaning Ben Hunt on the lookout. Add in Bunji moving on and there are 2 halves that will probably force some others to be released. Didn't Hunt come from Souffs originally? If he returns then Reynolds may be looking and we know he isn't a happy camper at the moment.

Raiders cannot afford to keep their pack so I am hearing that Fensom and/or Vaughan could be shopped.

Heaps of changes in the player market to come - BA will get what he needs before 2017 kicks off I am sure.
It is very exciting.

natheel

Coach
My gut is telling me that we have a couple of signings (new ones) we will announce in a few weeks and then we will join the wait and see game as the merry-go-round starts.

Farah needs a home and will start a round of hookers being moved on - if he goes to Souffs then one of their current 2 will leave.

Titans need to renew their halves and cant see they have any cap room left after signing that former NFL and Rugby 7's dude, so expect the rumours of Bennett wanting Ash Taylor back to firm, meaning Ben Hunt on the lookout. Add in Bunji moving on and there are 2 halves that will probably force some others to be released. Didn't Hunt come from Souffs originally? If he returns then Reynolds may be looking and we know he isn't a happy camper at the moment.

Raiders cannot afford to keep their pack so I am hearing that Fensom and/or Vaughan could be shopped.

Heaps of changes in the player market to come - BA will get what he needs before 2017 kicks off I am sure.
It is very exciting.

Pretty sure hunt has always been at Broncos.

Vaughan would be an excellent pick up for our pack imo

phantom eel

First Grade
Would be good to upgrade/extend Ma'u, and Gutherson.

Though I'd be waiting for Semi's court case before extending or upgrading him, or having some solid clauses for termination inserted.

We really need a halfback to partner Norman, a hooker, and another front rower (even beyond Vave) imo. Maybe we'll only squeeze two of those three in our cap space though?

JokerEel

Coach
Would be good to upgrade/extend Ma'u, and Gutherson.

Though I'd be waiting for Semi's court case before extending or upgrading him, or having some solid clauses for termination inserted.

We really need a halfback to partner Norman, a hooker, and another front rower (even beyond Vave) imo. Maybe we'll only squeeze two of those three in our cap space though?

We must have a bucket load of cash still after extending players with Foran and Watmoughs cash plus Morgan leaving Peats Paulo and the rest...

phantom eel

First Grade
Yeah, but we were over the cap remember (that's why Peats specifically was released), and are still liable for dodgy TPAs next year (reducing the amount available in our cap to spend).

I'm just thinking our top 25 (cap), we may not have room for another front rower in addition to Mannah, Wicks, Gower, Alvaro, Vave (replacing Paulo's spot)?

Sure, we should be able to land a half - if there are any willing to move/be released - with some of Foran's 2017 money (that might have been rejected by Hayne). And hopefully a hooker - maybe from Watmough's money, if it's not already allocated for other upgrades/covering the TPAs etc?

emjaycee

Coach
From what I am led to believe, cash isn't the problem.
And there will be some news from League Central about TPA's soon I reckon.

emjaycee

Coach
Is it that the whole TPA business is dodgy as f**k and just about every team were doing the same as us?

Nah, something about no new TPA's allowed to be registered until the CBA is resolved meaning a level playing field in recruitment for all clubs for a while. Existing valid TPA's can still exist.

TheParraboy

Staff member
what are we doing in terms of goal kicking for 2017?

Any legs Adam Reynolds may be on the move to us?

Nah, something about no new TPA's allowed to be registered until the CBA is resolved meaning a level playing field in recruitment for all clubs for a while. Existing valid TPA's can still exist.
Interesting. They can't ban TPAs so I don't see how they can put a freeze on them either.

phantom eel

First Grade
Was under the impression his case was supposed to be heard on Monday of this week (15th). Any news?
Yeah, I think it was listed for 16th, but that he didn't have to attend if he was represented.

Sounds like it wasn't the "real" hearing yet, just the legals briefly getting together in front of the judge to progress to next stage? Haven't heard anything at all... but Semi is now listed to play again.

Latest posts