What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
They are about as good as each other. He wants to create room for Brown to play first grade and needs some other club to pick up one of our existing halves. It's not about which one he wants, but about which one another club would want the most.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

TheRam

Coach
So now you're annoyed he wants to get rid of some of them?

No, I'm annoyed that he is willing to get rid of some of them at this point of time with no ready made replacement in the MOST CRUCIAL position in the team.

This is now the time to focus and prepare the team for the long hard season ahead and hopefully lift themselves to a respectable place(top 6) on the ladder.

It is not the time to be trading your play makers and stuffing up the morale of the squad. It's not like when the Roosters did it last year and they had Cronk the superstar waiting in the wings to replace Pearce.

Again seams like a dumb move that only a dumb or rookie coach would make and his not a rookie.

ash411

Bench
I feel like I need to ask this question...

Has anyone actually heard BA or Gurr actually say they've been shopping around their halves at all? Or are we just taking Danny Weidlers word for it, or even the Telegraph?

If they have actually said it themselves, I'd love to see the video (or recording) of them saying it, as I haven't seen it, and if not...

WHY DO YOU BUY INTO THIS CRAP????

Unless BA or Gurr themselves have actually said the words that they are looking to offload either of our halves, take it as rumour, fake, untrue...

You're admonishing not just BA, but the club as well of doing something that most likely never even happened.

Maybe right on the first part due to BA is a little slow on character identification with some of the signings and re-signings over the years. Most other coaches would of worked out after a year of two the character of their players. But it is BA after all, so you are probably right.

As for the last part, who said anything about Norman kicking goals? His kicking in the in-goal son, his kicking in the in-goal.

Ahh.....the magic hyphen. Got it.

emjaycee

Coach

Has anyone actually heard BA or Gurr actually say they've been shopping around their halves at all? Or are we just taking Danny Weidlers word for it, or even the Telegraph?

If they have actually said it themselves, I'd love to see the video (or recording) of them saying it, as I haven't seen it, and if not...

Unless BA or Gurr themselves have actually said the words that they are looking to offload either of our halves, take it as rumour, fake, untrue...

You're admonishing not just BA, but the club as well of doing something that most likely never even happened.
It happened...

Noise

Coach

It's not crap. Just because you haven't been told doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Quotes from Norman here (He wouldn't have been allowed to talk to the Titans in July unless we gave him permisison)

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...rennan-brad-arthur/1xnujpl5apl4412gn05hc5dfne

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
That’s only your opinion, maybe BA does think he has “ready made” replacements.......
Just like he "thought" Moses was a good buy and why he "thought" Norman was worthy of an extension.
If BA cant achieve team harmony and generate improvement in experienced players I honestly dont have faith in him developing juniors (some of whom have amazing talent) in the NRL. Its another "Hail Mary" play in my opinion.

El Diablo

Post Whore

then why haven't they denied it?

Dibs

Bench
He was 3rd option. Same at Panthers. To be honest he would be one of the better 3rd option fullback in the NRL.
I dont mind W.Smith
Exactly, he is a quality back up. I’ll take Will Smith over Luke Kelly anyday. Don’t get me wrong I’ve been annoyed with some of Will Smith’s performances and wouldn’t want him in my best 17. However I think he is probably one of the better back up players out there

Dibs

Bench
That’s the thing that’s got me shaking my head! How can he want one, and doesn’t care who? Doesn’t sound very encouraging or promising coming from a head coach if he states he’s not too sure on which half he wants for next year.
Maybe he is sure but can’t find anyone to take the one he doesn’t. Or maybe he sees them as much of a muchness and will get rid of the one who attracts the most interest with the least amount left to pay on their contract.

Happy MEel

First Grade
‘Roster of his creation’ is a sneaky way that you guys make the players unaccountable.

I assume you are happy to accept that the players have been key contributors to the plop sandwich?
Undoubtedly, the players, coaching staff and back office all contributed to the shit show that was 2018.

However, there is evidence that indicates the players have been held to account with the club actively shopping around the halves and there were also rumours French was given permission to seek interest externally.

Max has stood down as Chairman and we seem to be putting more resources into the footy club. It could be argued that at least to some degree, the Board has been held to account and have replaced the Chairmanship with someone that won’t make decisions solely on their fiscal merit.

However, the only group from that trio of shitness who have come out completely unscathed is the coaching staff. As far as I can tell, every coaching staff member linked to the 1st grade squad in 2018 is still at the club. Even AFL guy kept his position after rolling out such a poorly conditioned footy team at the start of the year.

I think it is actually appropriate that people like @hineyrulz focus on the coaching department (whilst not absolving the other muppets) because it seems they haven’t been held accountable.

Latest posts