What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I feel like I need to ask this question...

Has anyone actually heard BA or Gurr actually say they've been shopping around their halves at all? Or are we just taking Danny Weidlers word for it, or even the Telegraph?

If they have actually said it themselves, I'd love to see the video (or recording) of them saying it, as I haven't seen it, and if not...

WHY DO YOU BUY INTO THIS CRAP????

Unless BA or Gurr themselves have actually said the words that they are looking to offload either of our halves, take it as rumour, fake, untrue...

You're admonishing not just BA, but the club as well of doing something that most likely never even happened.
More likely than actively shopping merkins is that they’ve been told they won’t be offered a contract for 2020, and as a bonus, if they can find a club that wants them a year early they’ll be given a release provided the payout isn’t too fat.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just like he "thought" Moses was a good buy and why he "thought" Norman was worthy of an extension.
If BA cant achieve team harmony and generate improvement in experienced players I honestly dont have faith in him developing juniors (some of whom have amazing talent) in the NRL. Its another "Hail Mary" play in my opinion.
Well Arthur earned his extension so he has earnt the right to make the adjustments as he sees fit.

hindy111

Post Whore
I would say those most likely to be sack, in order, are

BA, SK, titans guy

Maybe green ... though i think he bought himself alot of time years ago

Ricky seems to have canberrians wrapped around his finger
Flanagan might be a tiny bit at risk if he demands too much coin

All the new coaches will get leeway to prove themselves ... bennett, siebold, cleary, mark mcguire's brother, hasler, pay

brown will get credit and have more time regardless
Robinson has a new shiney trophy to buy him more time
Bellamey will never be sacked

If knights are in bottom 4 or 5 Brown will have to be moved on imo

Gazzamatta

Coach
Well Arthur earned his extension so he has earnt the right to make the adjustments as he sees fit.
His extension was a result of someones / the boards opinion. "Earned" is your opinion and I respect that. Like BAs opportunity to blood juniors, his extension may well have been a result of limited options. His continuation is a result of not wanting to pay him out. Thats my opinion.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
His extension was a result of someones / the boards opinion. "Earned" is your opinion and I respect that. Like BAs opportunity to blood juniors, his extension may well have been a result of limited options. His continuation is a result of not wanting to pay him out. Thats my opinion.
If we didn't that the tight arse administrator max running the club BA would of been out on his arse.

Gronk

Staff member
lastly, WTF is nospam47? People link to it all the time, and it goes nowhere. I'm sure it's an auto filter for something, but surely by now if you all know that it gets filtered out, why keep linking to it?
They are fringe news / nrl sites that are not reliable enough to be trusted. Their rumours have found to be fake news in the past, which opens this site to defamation action.

Eg; The Lurker

Stevie

Bench
Unfortunately mate, todays game is an absolute bore fest. Teams are chasing big strong players to bash each other and there’s very little room for the small skilful types.
Yeah I know. But in Moses and Gutherson we have 2 extremely good players in broken play. If only we could get some offloads to them sniffing around the ruck area.

IFR33K

Coach
I was begging for BA to promote Nikore for a season and a half before he finally did. He has appeared reluctant to try youth before the end of last season. Something has changed and I'm guessing its pressure as a result of the review.

Hopefully he’s realised pensioners on overs isn’t feasible under a salary capped competition.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
However, the only group from that trio of shitness who have come out completely unscathed is the coaching staff. As far as I can tell, every coaching staff member linked to the 1st grade squad in 2018 is still at the club. Even AFL guy kept his position after rolling out such a poorly conditioned footy team at the start of the year.
Not true. Arthur hasn’t had his contract extended despite only having a year to run. Just about every other quality coach and player has their 2020 sorted already. Arthur’s ‘punishment’ is that he hasn’t.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was a lot better than solid but I agree about the money. Unfortunately we have to offer overs. Of course we also didn’t value him at that much on the cap but the useless merkins couldn’t organize a legit tpa
If they organise the TPA it’s not legit. If it makes the player cheaper under the cap it is illegal.

Latest posts