What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was regularly making 100+ metres when our season effectively ended and Arthur made him get surgery to prepare for 2016. Being busted never stopped him playing well. He picked up a new injury this year and took the huge retirement payout, all cap free. He's been a very good signing. His experience and toughness is the sort of thing we've lacked at our club for a long time.

His running game was nothing special last year either. He has significantly remodelled his game.

Beau Scott is proof that your experienced players don't need to be stars to be contributors. They just have to play their role. And if they miss a few games to injury it gives someone else an opportunity.
Been a very good signing lol, one of your best Pou.

hindy111

Post Whore
You mean the forward who is about 15th in our team for running metres per game?

At least he doesn't get injured I guess...

Cheap shot

Beau Scott has actually played small minutes and missed a few games. But he sets the tone.
Watmough started playing well after his first 5-6 games and was making closer to 120mtrs a game before injury.

Glad Watmough and Foran are gone- Dodge a couple of expensive bullets.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Also without a host of other players, so not a real scientific analysis is it?

Scott is a nonentity in our attack, so with less asked of him it's appropriate that he defends well.
...and as I've mentioned countless times, offloads are an attacking stat and Scott is our second highest offloader. Hardly a "nonentity".

phantom eel

First Grade
lol, Pou derping it up while attempting to troll.

Maybe start your own thread called "Watmough was a better signing than Beau Scott" and troll to your heart's content with anyone who's game to venture in there...?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Scott has been playing injured Poo. Compare his first half dozen game with the rest. His workrate dropped heaps but boy oh boy his mongrel didnt.
Neither did mine Gaz!

I reckon you're right that Scott has been playing injured, but Watmough played most of the year while putting off surgery. He probably would have finished the season if we were still in finals contention.

Don't get me wrong, I like Beau Scott better than Watmough and I'm sure we're getting better value out of him, if only because he has missed fewer games. And I'm sure he's a bit cheaper than Watmough.

But Watmough got paid more because he's a better player, which was proven by the fact he contributed more on the field.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not crazy about Marshall, but I think he's a better player than Robson, and he has more upside.

Wouldn't be a terrible signing Imo.

phantom eel

First Grade
Don't get me wrong, I like Beau Scott better than Watmough and I'm sure we're getting better value out of him, if only because he has missed fewer games. And I'm sure he's a bit cheaper than Watmough.

But Watmough got paid more because he's a better player, which was proven by the fact he contributed more on the field.
Last sentence is a crock of shit.

Just because someone was contracted at a higher value, doesn't "prove" they were/are a better player. A very myopic point of view re salary remuneration imo.

Latest posts