What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Widdop was the form player in the comp before Marshall came to the dragons. His form has tapered of since Bunji the hog came to the club. I fear the same would happen to Norman with someone like him here who still thinks it's 2009.
Widdop's Dragons didn't make the finals until Marshall carried their attack last year. I think you're forgetting how good he was.

Like his great mate Farah his ego won't allow him to play that support role.
Maybe. But maybe the lack of huge offers for next year has made his expectations more realistic. Arthur will surely work that out when he talks to him.

The Colonel

Immortal
The other player I would look at is Drew Hutchison from the Dragons. Must be on a second tier deal or something because why he hasn't played any first grade with the way the Dragons halves have performed is beyond me.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hutchison is pus IMO, that's why he hasn't played first grade. Watching the few NSW cup games he's featured in on TV he looks fat and slow too

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Widdop's Dragons didn't make the finals until Marshall carried their attack last year. I think you're forgetting how good he was.

Maybe. But maybe the lack of huge offers for next year has made his expectations more realistic. Arthur will surely work that out when he talks to him.
You keep talking about last year, this year he has been diabolical.

Why shouldn't I suprised you are keen got the idea for us to sign up a washed up over the hill glory hog.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You keep talking about last year, this year he has been diabolical.

Why shouldn't I suprised you are keen got the idea for us to sign up a washed up over the hill glory hog.
This year he's been injured. It's the first time since 2008 he's missed more than two games in a season. He's only 31 and it's a bit early to call him injury prone.

hindy111

Post Whore
With Robson you get a 5/10 who gives the odd 7...Consistantly average but can fill in amd do a job.

With Marshal you get a potential 7/10 with the odd 9/10 and id say at worse a 5/10

Id be against it if it was long term and huge bucks but on a modest 300k for a year there is no issue.
Think foran / sandow big $$$ no return

hindy111

Post Whore
Do people think we would of signed jennings thinking we can get away with rorting cap?

I feel that he wouldnt of been signed knowing his salary would eat into our cap so much with being able to rort it.

Noise

Coach
With Robson you get a 5/10 who gives the odd 7...Consistantly average but can fill in amd do a job.

With Marshal you get a potential 7/10 with the odd 9/10 and id say at worse a 5/10

Id be against it if it was long term and huge bucks but on a modest 300k for a year there is no issue.
Think foran / sandow big $$$ no return

That;s pretty much how I see it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This year he's been injured. It's the first time since 2008 he's missed more than two games in a season. He's only 31 and it's a bit early to call him injury prone.
So what's to say that another year older he won't be just as injury prone next season???

Just another reason to pass on him, at least Robbo can tackle and play his role.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hutchison is pus IMO, that's why he hasn't played first grade. Watching the few NSW cup games he's featured in on TV he looks fat and slow too

Haven't seen much of him this year to be honest but thought he went OK in his limited appearances last year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do people think we would of signed jennings thinking we can get away with rorting cap?

I feel that he wouldnt of been signed knowing his salary would eat into our cap so much with being able to rort it.
The amount reported as TPA was very f**king low - $25k or something like that. Of course, I reckon most reported figures are speculation. But it's odd that such an allegedly expensive player had such a low amount reported as TPA.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Watmough was injury prone we wouldn't have signed him. He picked up a new injury, which is a risk for all players, obviously increasing as they get older. But all strong teams need a handful of experienced players, and the ones under 30 can be very very expensive.

Bazal

Post Whore
Haven't seen much of him this year to be honest but thought he went OK in his limited appearances last year.

Maybe a change would do him good, but aside from not looking up to it physically he just looks very one dimensional to me, there's no spark or vision about his game and he's not especially skillful....