What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
Edit: it’s an out of Sydney club. I wonder if said journalist would have been so generous had it of been an eels player, with the potential to generate a significantly higher amount of interest and readership.

“Journalists are often attacked by fans for exposing the game’s stars for indiscretions off the field.

But reporters sometimes cut players some slack - as was the case recently.

One well-known reporter sent an out-of-Sydney club a photo of one of its elite players snorting a line of cocaine during a big night out.

The journo told the club he would not make the photo public, but just wanted the club to know it had a problem.

The player concerned is one of the game’s brightest young stars but had a well below-par season in 2018.”

https://apple.news/ANvkdT1KEQriBJ1NHGUlDUw

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Edit: it’s an out of Sydney club. I wonder if said journalist would have been so generous had it of been an eels player, with the potential to generate a significantly higher amount of interest and readership.

“Journalists are often attacked by fans for exposing the game’s stars for indiscretions off the field.

One well-known reporter sent an out-of-Sydney club a photo of one of its elite players snorting a line of cocaine during a big night out.

The journo told the club he would not make the photo public, but just wanted the club to know it had a problem.

The player concerned is one of the game’s brightest young stars but had a well below-par season in 2018.”

Good job reporters! All previous indiscretions have not been absolved because of this. Give yourselves a pat on the back. I'm sure this journo won't use this for blackmail, at least emotionally

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well what chocolate do you like merkin
Top Deck all the way bro!!!

It might have nothing to do with the fact the The said players club is always happy to pay for happy snaps??? :thinking:

TheRam

Coach
Leadership isn’t just what happens on the field. I reckon Scott and Watmough provided plenty of leadership in a team with a paucity if it. Had a few others taken their lead we might have moved in the right direction on and off the field.

Foran was a disappointment and the less said the better. But given what he has done since leaving Parra I’m glad he went early.

I think BA and the club has been aware of this for a while but good leaders also cost big $ and they are trying to judicious with their spending. It is a tough balancing act but I have to agree that they haven’t got that balance right over the last 5 years.

For the umpteenth time, Watmough was a shocking signing and for mine not 20/20 hindsight. I wasn't happy with it from the start. But in the mans own words I post this again for the history revisionist that just won't give up their annoying crappy and actually quite baffling interpretation of a very pathetic signing on and off the field. We were just very lucky that we got out of it the way we did. This is also directed at you Poo.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-league/i-thought-i-was-done-watmough/ar-AAg9lv7

After a disappointing 2015 in which he was dropped from the NSW side, a forthright Watmough admits he was nowhere near his best in his first year in Eels colours.

He gives no guarantees he can reach his former heights but says his ordinary form had more to do with his attitude than his injury toll.

He says he didn't embrace the Parramatta club as he should and was too preoccupied with "trying to get in and get out and get home".

"I was still living in Manly and harbouring resentment (towards former club Manly)," Watmough said.

"But life is life. You've just got to move on and I'm really enjoying my time at Parra.

"I didn't embrace it enough last year and that's my own doing. The next year I really want to build on what Parra's got."

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
For the umpteenth time, Watmough was a shocking signing and for mine not 20/20 hindsight. I wasn't happy with it from the start. But in the mans own words I post this again for the history revisionist that just won't give up their annoying crappy and actually quite baffling interpretation of a very pathetic signing on and off the field. We were just very lucky that we got out of it the way we did. This is also directed at you Poo.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-league/i-thought-i-was-done-watmough/ar-AAg9lv7

After a disappointing 2015 in which he was dropped from the NSW side, a forthright Watmough admits he was nowhere near his best in his first year in Eels colours.

He gives no guarantees he can reach his former heights but says his ordinary form had more to do with his attitude than his injury toll.

He says he didn't embrace the Parramatta club as he should and was too preoccupied with "trying to get in and get out and get home".

"I was still living in Manly and harbouring resentment (towards former club Manly)," Watmough said.

"But life is life. You've just got to move on and I'm really enjoying my time at Parra.

"I didn't embrace it enough last year and that's my own doing. The next year I really want to build on what Parra's got."
For the umpteen+1th time, that doesn’t disprove my point at all.

In fact, if anything it’s the sign of a real leader to be able to self reflect and acknowledge your own weaknesses.

It develops empathy in others and makes you more relatable when you have something important to tell them.

You don’t have to convince me about Watmough being a bad signing. But you will never convince me that Watmough didn’t offer leadership whilst he was at Parramatta.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

And I already told you leaders don’t need to be one of the boys. He might’ve felt like he missed out by not being one of the boys but it’s not what we signed him for.

hybrideel

Bench
Top Deck all the way bro!!!
It might have nothing to do with the fact the The said players club is always happy to pay for happy snaps??? :thinking:
The first player I thought of was someone who moved from Avenger territory to penalty Broncos last season