What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I hope everyone is patient with Brown. Would hate to see him get chewed up and spat out like so many before him.
I wouldn’t worry too much mate we have Will Smith as back up..............

But I agree hopefully people all remember he is just 18 coming into a pretty average side.

Glenneel

Bench
Yeah, and you sure as f**k can’t do it while you are at training either....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Having beers with the boys after training isn’t f**king leadership. Ignoring that it isn’t 1977, even sticking around for soy lattes after training isn’t leadership.

Ripping into people doesn’t work these days either. Leadership needs to be more nuanced. Too many snowflakes for that to work.
Maybe you should read TCT training reports where Fergo is showing leadership AT training and afterwards. That is what leaders do.

And who says ripping in won't work? You? In a team environment it should work, it'd certainly work for me. Maybe we should try it as apparently no one else does.

Last edited:

Glenneel

Bench
So you’re unhappy that Arthur doesn’t pick youngsters but also unhappy he got rid of Norman to make room for a junior halfback?
Fair suck of the sav Pou, you take one comment and try to apply it to everything I said, but read the post again. We already had an inexperienced spine, it has now become worse. Brown could have bided his time in ISP until an injury hit but now he is probably our only (logical) choice. I just hope our forwards perform better this year so he doesn't get his confidence bashed out of him if we perform like last year.

Glenneel

Bench
I do not see us buying a prop unless we released one this year. It is one area we seem ok at.

Alvaro
Jnr
Mannah
Terepo
Evans
Kafusi
Stefano
Brown
Tepai

I reckon theyl want to blood Stefano and Kafusi this season. And well then we'd have 3 guys over 115kgs boppers for 2020 with Jnr. Unsure we want 4.
And by all reports Alvaro is around 115kgs. We'd be short workers.
You're right Hindy but perhaps we wanted experience to help mentor the young boys coming thru.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Maybe you should read TCT training reports where Fergo is showing leadership AT training and afterwards. That is what leaders do.

And who says ripping in won't work? You? In a team environment it should work, it'd certainly work for me. Maybe we should try it as apparently no one else does.
So Fergo is having beers with the boys after training? I bet he isn’t. There is absolutely zero issue with a player having a life and family outside of work and it isn’t even remotely a barrier to being a leader. I can’t even believe this is being debated.

Ripping in only works in certain ocassions or with certain personality types. Maybe you are one of those types. I’ll take your word for it.

You need to use it sparingly though or it loses its effect. There is a reason that people like Tommy Raudonikous haven’t been within a sniff of a decent coaching job for over 20 years.

Latest posts