What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think if Brown can just play a role and get some NRL experience this season then he should be awarded an Above Average Pass mark. Anything more is just a bonus
Agreed Chipmunk. That’s what I hope for as well.

Moses needs to step up to allow that to happen.

TheRam

Coach
That logic leap makes no sense. It doesn’t mean he is a poor leader at all.

All it shows is that he has standards and that he feels that he didn’t meet those standards.

That’s not what I am saying at all. He didn’t admit he was a poor leader. He just said he had room for improvement, which everyone does if they are honest with themselves.

Depends on the individual and the standards you set yourself versus the standards that others set for you.

I read it as him saying he could do more. I didn’t read it as him saying he was really shit.

I was just using Hayne as a logical counterpoint to your argument. Agree, my dog has laid nuggets with greater leadership credentials than Hayne.

Jeez Guts, I never thought I would say this about anyone else, but you sound like Pou's circular reasoning to win this one. So many interpretations, excuses and strawman arguments to make Pou proud.

Boy how hard is it. The guy's heart wasn't in it, therefore he didn't give a crap enough or wasn't motivated enough to put in the in depth hands on knowledge and guidance that was\is necessary to help turn around a club which is extremely short in supply of characters who are strong, focused and have the qualities that can command respect on and off the field as a leader should. Watmough was never a leader as such even at Manly. Don't ever mistaken experience for leadership. He has way to many character faults and merkin behaviour traits to be a true leader.

His pod cast slamming DCE, whether you agreed or disagreed is evidence of what a leader should\would never do. He is just a emotional ratbag who was very good at footy and had a seniority at a highly successful club with many elite players around him. But to elevate him to million dollar leadership material level when he is well known to be a "one of the boys" type and parties with the likes of A. Johns and W. Mason, is a bit rich. Never a true leader which is what Parra needed\needs.

Hell you have a ton of experience posting on this forum, but hardly anyone would call you a leader compared to someone like Hindy is and how he guides this forum almost like a surgeon from topic to topic.

Oh and Pou, an old merkin on a million dollars yelling at young merkins on far less at training to go harder then spearing off doesn't make the older merkin a freakin leader. Also if the training sessions were lacking intensity, where were the coaching staff in the first place? Why were they(were they?) allowing the players to train without high intensity? That should never happen and should not be left for a new recruit, no matter who to point out. Can you imagine a Bellamy team needing a new recruit to come in a yell at the players for low intensity? BA came from that club so he is well aware of what type of intensity is needed to compete successfully in the NRL. He should be getting that intensity no matter who is at the club.

P.S. Go the RAMS!! Superbowl here we go.

Gronk

Staff member
Hell you have a ton of experience posting on this forum, but hardly anyone would call you a leader compared to someone like Hindy is and how he guides this forum almost like a surgeon from topic to topic.

giphy.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair suck of the sav Pou, you take one comment and try to apply it to everything I said, but read the post again. We already had an inexperienced spine, it has now become worse. Brown could have bided his time in ISP until an injury hit but now he is probably our only (logical) choice. I just hope our forwards perform better this year so he doesn't get his confidence bashed out of him if we perform like last year.
How could we have an inexperienced spine if Arthur’s never gives youngsters a go?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Jeez Guts, I never thought I would say this about anyone else, but you sound like Pou's circular reasoning to win this one. So many interpretations, excuses and strawman arguments to make Pou proud.

Boy how hard is it. The guy's heart wasn't in it, therefore he didn't give a crap enough or wasn't motivated enough to put in the in depth hands on knowledge and guidance that was\is necessary to help turn around a club which is extremely short in supply of characters who are strong, focused and have the qualities that can command respect on and off the field as a leader should. Watmough was never a leader as such even at Manly. Don't ever mistaken experience for leadership. He has way to many character faults and merkin behaviour traits to be a true leader.

His pod cast slamming DCE, whether you agreed or disagreed is evidence of what a leader should\would never do. He is just a emotional ratbag who was very good at footy and had a seniority at a highly successful club with many elite players around him. But to elevate him to million dollar leadership material level when he is well known to be a "one of the boys" type and parties with the likes of A. Johns and W. Mason, is a bit rich. Never a true leader which is what Parra needed\needs.

Oh and Pou, an old merkin on a million dollars yelling at young merkins on far less at training to go harder then spearing off doesn't make the older merkin a freakin leader. Also if the training sessions were lacking intensity, where were the coaching staff in the first place? Why were they(were they?) allowing the players to train without high intensity? That should never happen and should not be left for a new recruit, no matter who to point out. Can you imagine a Bellamy team needing a new recruit to come in a yell at the players for low intensity? BA came from that club so he is well aware of what type of intensity is needed to compete successfully in the NRL. He should be getting that intensity no matter who is at the club.

P.S. Go the RAMS!! Superbowl here we go.
Wayne Bennett himself said the leaders in the playing group are more important than the coach. Of course he might’ve been lying or wrong, but it makes sense or why would they pay so much money to players at the back end of their careers? We’re not the only club that does it.

TheRam

Coach
Wayne Bennett himself said the leaders in the playing group are more important than the coach. Of course he might’ve been lying or wrong, but it makes sense or why would they pay so much money to players at the back end of their careers? We’re not the only club that does it.

That is all well and good if you have great leaders like the Broncos have over the decades and you can let them run the training sessions as he has done over the years. Watmough at best is an experienced great player that is just a strong cog in the wheel of a strong club with great leaders. He himself is and never was a great leader on his own and definitely never showed any leadership qualities, by his own admission fell short of his own standards, when at our club.

Keep spinning. The wheels will keep turning. But you're on a tread mill and you ain't going anywhere with this crap you keep peddling. Shit signing. End of story.

Period!