What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
We definitely need to improve to be more competitive but there were also some positives. Like you, I was happy with what I saw from Brown, Lane and Paulo.

Still maintain we will do better than last year but will still finish somewhere between 8th-12th.

Yeah you are probably right. Moses for all his skill, just worries me big time when it comes to temperament and consistent composure.

TheRam

Coach
It’s a forum where people exchange words all the time. Some of those words you are going to agree with and others you aren’t.

If you don’t like what I am saying then put me on ignore. But as @lingard has said, don’t try and stifle free speech.

Have a lovely day mate. Apologies if I have ‘rubbed you up the wrong way’.

Must have thought I was at Bones on Bones.

It's not the first time, we gave you the boot because of that.

hindy111

Post Whore
1 Bevan
2 Ferguson
3 Gutherson
4 MJ
5 Sivo
6 Brown
7 Moses
8 Jnr
9 Kaysa
10 Tepai
11 Manu
12 Lane
13 Brown

14 Terepo
15 Alvaro
16 Nikuore
17 Gower

That is my side. Sivo I throw in for his speed and power. G.Jennings is a handy back up but will never be anything special. Sivo may not either but I smell a koribtete type of player here. By rnd 10 he could explode.
Bevan I like for his speed and bit of X factor. Salmons done nothing to say he is an NRL centre. 2-5 would be very powerfull. Bevan wont need hit ups from back. The guys is tailor made for offloads and short kicks. Jnr and Lane would be treats for Bevan.

Nikuore runs hardest and bends line. Perfect for straighting up the attack on edge.

Tepai looks more suited in the middle and defensively will keep it tight there partnering Jnr.

Kaysa gets nod if fit. Mahoney is young and gets his chance at some point but I give Kaysa one more shot. He is more dangerous around ruck and great sniffing for an offload which Lane,Jnr and Gower will provide.

Kafusi,Salmon,Mahoney,Parry,Stefano can knock the door down by being great for Wenty. And force way into side.

Mannah can teach the two young props in the black and white. Why not?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
1 Bevan
2 Ferguson
3 Gutherson
4 MJ
5 Sivo
6 Brown
7 Moses
8 Jnr
9 Kaysa
10 Tepai
11 Manu
12 Lane
13 Brown

14 Terepo
15 Alvaro
16 Nikuore
17 Gower

That is my side. Sivo I throw in for his speed and power. G.Jennings is a handy back up but will never be anything special. Sivo may not either but I smell a koribtete type of player here. By rnd 10 he could explode.
Bevan I like for his speed and bit of X factor. Salmons done nothing to say he is an NRL centre. 2-5 would be very powerfull. Bevan wont need hit ups from back. The guys is tailor made for offloads and short kicks. Jnr and Lane would be treats for Bevan.

Nikuore runs hardest and bends line. Perfect for straighting up the attack on edge.

Tepai looks more suited in the middle and defensively will keep it tight there partnering Jnr.

Kaysa gets nod if fit. Mahoney is young and gets his chance at some point but I give Kaysa one more shot. He is more dangerous around ruck and great sniffing for an offload which Lane,Jnr and Gower will provide.

Kafusi,Salmon,Mahoney,Parry,Stefano can knock the door down by being great for Wenty. And force way into side.

Isn’t Sivo injured?

hindy111

Post Whore
Isn’t Sivo injured?

I read he should be ok for full contact come next trial. I reckon GJ is a safer bet. But we need some explosiveness in the back and speed. Sivo MAY give thaHe is 105kgs and dam fast. Bevan brings fear with his speed also. This helps Brown and Moses trapping guys in goals and repeat sets.

I just need to see more from Salmon firstly. Big kid but i don't see explossive speed or power which I would want from a centre. He seems to have become the flavour of the month. Same goes for Mahoney. Bar getting injured I want Kaysa.

Glenneel

Bench
What odds can get for BA to be sacked first? I saw a very confused footy team tonight that battled against a ISP cup side who actualy look more organised.
Same block plays as 2018. No inside ball turn ing defense around or switch plays.
Yes its a trial. But gee
And their defence was the same crap as usual. Unless something changes (like a new coach) we'll have another loooooong year. Shit, and I was hoping things would change.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Merkin mate, merkin.

You are talking about me, so there is no need to use a plural.

I'm pointing out counter views and exploring why people hold a certain view that doesn't appear logical. I think it is an important part of a forum and shouldn't just be dismissed as being 'an argument'.

Do you really want a world where everyone says the same thing and everyone slobbers over each other in doing so?
Works both ways, people piss and moan when people are too negative and then they piss and moan when people are too positive. I lost my train of thought and what I was dribbling about.

Oh yes we are all a pack of whinging hugging and riding merkjns.

Glenneel

Bench
1 Bevan
2 Ferguson
3 Gutherson
4 MJ
5 Sivo
6 Brown
7 Moses
8 Jnr
9 Kaysa
10 Tepai
11 Manu
12 Lane
13 Brown

14 Terepo
15 Alvaro
16 Nikuore
17 Gower

Don't mind that side but it highlights how poor our middle forwards are, aside from Paulo and Brown we have no really first class player. I'd have Kaufusi in instead of Gower, he is our future after all.

Alvaro last nite was reported as poor and I was hoping he'd improved from last year with more weight and developed his offload more. And you can guarantee that BA will have Mannah in the side come round 1.

Bazal

Post Whore
Don't mind that side but it highlights how poor our middle forwards are, aside from Paulo and Brown we have no really first class player. I'd have Kaufusi in instead of Gower, he is our future after all.

Alvaro last nite was reported as poor and I was hoping he'd improved from last year with more weight and developed his offload more. And you can guarantee that BA will have Mannah in the side come round 1.

Lol

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

At least get a new scapegoat. Alvaro was our best player last year.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Works both ways, people piss and moan when people are too negative and then they piss and moan when people are too positive. I lost my train of thought and what I was dribbling about.

Oh yes we are all a pack of whinging hugging and riding merkjns.
True, but there should always be a bit of healthy banter. If everyone agreed with each other it would be boring.

Now get me a f**ken mango, merkin.

IFR33K

Coach
For what it's worth, after watch most of last nights game, I think that Hindy is right, but it is only a trial.

Other then Junior, Lane, and Brown giving us some much needed power and spark, not much else has changed. We looked good in the first half due to primarily being a full strength NRL team playing a reserve grade team, but at times we still were losing the ruck and gave silly penalties away due to trying to slow it down. Sound familiar? The Canberra number 9 who was their best player in the first half and a NRL player, caused us problems around the ruck and if he had some decent players around him, I feel the outcome may have have been much different.

Once we started to tire and subs started to come on, we really looked weak in the ruck. Very disappointing. I fear that if we were playing a full strength team, we would of lost the ruck totally after watching that. But like I said, it is only a trial and you don't really know what players are thinking and how much effort they are putting in to the little things. Moses losing the ball from the penalty tap restart was just plain dumb for a guy that is supposed to be the architect and leader out there. I know it was just a little thing, but ask yourself, would Bellamy been happy with that or would he be livid?

Tepai Moeroa was typically unimpressive again, some things definitely never change.

Anyway, just hoping that come season proper, we are much more powerful and dominate in the ruck, or else it is going to get ugly real quick and a long painful season once again.

It’s only a preseason game, I won’t slit my wrists soon because of the result. There were a few positives to take out of it, Paulo was strong, and our halves went well. Brown showed what he’s capable of, let’s just hope he has the ability to play to first grade standard over the duration of the season.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Just watching it again now. Brown is a good prospect but he is a bit small. Hopefully he is well protected in defence.

Paulo was excellent. Really hope he has a big year. Was trying to work out who he looks like. Vulcan from Gladiators...

100b60ff9f407808a72bb906a6501875.jpg