What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
1 Bevan
2 Ferguson
3 Gutherson
4 MJ
5 Sivo
6 Brown
7 Moses
8 Jnr
9 Kaysa
10 Tepai
11 Manu
12 Lane
13 Brown

14 Terepo
15 Alvaro
16 Nikuore
17 Gower

That is my side. Sivo I throw in for his speed and power. G.Jennings is a handy back up but will never be anything special. Sivo may not either but I smell a koribtete type of player here. By rnd 10 he could explode.
Bevan I like for his speed and bit of X factor. Salmons done nothing to say he is an NRL centre. 2-5 would be very powerfull. Bevan wont need hit ups from back. The guys is tailor made for offloads and short kicks. Jnr and Lane would be treats for Bevan.

Nikuore runs hardest and bends line. Perfect for straighting up the attack on edge.

Tepai looks more suited in the middle and defensively will keep it tight there partnering Jnr.

Kaysa gets nod if fit. Mahoney is young and gets his chance at some point but I give Kaysa one more shot. He is more dangerous around ruck and great sniffing for an offload which Lane,Jnr and Gower will provide.

Kafusi,Salmon,Mahoney,Parry,Stefano can knock the door down by being great for Wenty. And force way into side.

Mannah can teach the two young props in the black and white. Why not?
I don’t see how Mahoney gets dropped after last night’s game. He tore them apart through the middle at times and his defence is solid. He also has a far superior passing game than Kaysa.

hindy111

Post Whore
Just watching it again now. Brown is a good prospect but he is a bit small. Hopefully he is well protected in defence.

Paulo was excellent. Really hope he has a big year. Was trying to work out who he looks like. Vulcan from Gladiators...

100b60ff9f407808a72bb906a6501875.jpg

Brown is not small for a half. Very muscular and built strong. By 2020 he will fill out and I reckon he will be quite a big half by his early 20s....

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t see how Mahoney gets dropped after last night’s game. He tore them apart through the middle at times and his defence is solid. He also has a far superior passing game than Kaysa.

I like Kaysa. Happy enough to have Mahoneh also. Kaysa has a little more spark in his running game.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Brown is not small for a half. Very muscular and built strong. By 2020 he will fill out and I reckon he will be quite a big half by his early 20s....
Just checked his stats.

183cm and 85kg. That’s much bigger than I thought when watching the game.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Weren't Dogs and Melb last because of cap rorting? Nothing to do with playing crap so doesn't count.
Melbourne yes, hence my qualification at end of post.
Canterbury where last because they were crap I'm fairly sure. Their salary cap scandal was 2002.
Pou reckons sharks also did it, so there's your 3 even without Melbourne.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Melbourne yes, hence my qualification at end of post.
Canterbury where last because they were crap I'm fairly sure. Their salary cap scandal was 2002.
Pou reckons sharks also did it, so there's your 3 even without Melbourne.
It’s only two without Melbourne.

But the main point is that the percentage of teams to make the finals 12 months after a wooden spoon is quite different in the past decade than in the 90 years before that. The comp is truly more even these days.

Latest posts