What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Hmm sitcom power rankings?

So anyone else find the matches from Russia funny? This could be a sitcom plot. A wacky Aussie and crazy Russian form this bizaare friendship.

It's much funnier then a guy living with his broke brother and his fat kid whilst wearing silly shirts.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well the highest tackling forward and 3rd overall was Jake tribovij. He averaged very close to 78mins and 42 tackles a game with 136mtrs
Brown if averaged another 10 mins would be 41. 5 tackles a game and 177 mtrs.

Am I missing something?
You are.

As a player's minutes increase his per-minute output must decrease. Either that or his quality (metres per run or tackle effectiveness) drops off.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I have mixed feelings about signing Luke. None of which have anything to do with the reported offer. However I am more likely to be happy with the signing if Mahoney is still in the 17

I think Mahoney will be in the 17. Signing Luke also means our low hooker stocks look much stronger. The problem comes for 2020 onwards. We'll be trying to negotiate a contract for Mahoney throughout the year, signing Luke makes that a tougher sell.

Chipmunk

Coach
No but to get the grant you have to tick these boxes.

https://sport.nsw.gov.au/aboutus/OOS/SIG/CentresExcellenceProgram

BTW...i can tell you that working in this space presently that you can come up with some pretty easy things to pass that 'community' criteria. It's actually a nothing criteria in reality. The club running one coaching course a year in the facility would meet that criteria pretty easily. All these 'community' criteria are bullshit things made up to meet a particular regulation to justify spending tax payer funds on private use infrastructure.

TheRam

Coach
$300k+ is his value. If he signed for cheaper with the Warriors it was because he was already in NZ with his family (kids at school and shit), they already had a couple of dummy half options, and he was injured.

It's also worth noting that none of the figures reported are necessarily true, though they seem plausible to me. If he's recovered well from surgery then he's worth more than when he was injured with surgery pending.

Also adding to that, what some may not have factored in is that it needs to be attractive enough exchange rate wise and then getting back into Sydney house prices for him to even think of going anywhere as Pou has already mentioned he is settled over there.

The offer if true sounds about right to me, when you factor in all the real world stuff and the fact that if fit, he is a huge upgrade to anyone we have at the moment in the same position. My only concern is his fitness. I hope we have done our due diligence better this time then we did for Watmough.

TheRam

Coach
Look, I'm not completely against the signing... The question marks for me are, Which Isaac Luke are we getting? He's your stereotypical hot/cold proposition type player. Last year was his best season as a Warrior, which coincided with his need to find a new deal. His 1st or 2nd year at the Warriors (can't remember which) was terrible, overweight, disinterested.... His tenure at Souths had similar hallmarks. I think a deal for 2019 with an option in our favour for 2020 (like the Knights were pushing) would have been more palatable

Maybe his manager told us before we tabled the offer that Luke was not willing to move unless he was guaranteed a multi year deal to make it worth to him and family, so we went with the shortest possible.

Latest posts