What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
If we have cap space that we won't end up spending somewhere else:

2019 - $500k;
2020 - $200k.

That's not a bad deal. Mahoney gets one more year to ease into first grade and Luke doesn't kill our cap in 2020.

I don't think we can win the comp this season. We have Mahoney,Kaysa,Smith as hooking options. Sure it is certainly and upgrade but guys like LUKE or Morris boys for example are best going to clubs who in a premiership window.
I wpuld prefer a punt on Segyarooo. We could pick him up for 150-170k or 250k for a 1yr deal.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wpuld prefer a punt on Segyarooo. We could pick him up for 150-170k or 250k for a 1yr deal.

Considering apparently he is making coffees, why wouId you offer him more than double or triple what he is currently earning ?

Anyhow I sure there are some very good reasons why a 150 game veteran who is still 28 cannot even pick up a minimum contract deal ......

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Considering apparently he is making coffees, why wouId you offer him more than double or triple what he is currently earning ?

Anyhow I sure there are some very good reasons why a 150 game veteran who is still 28 cannot even pick up a minimum contract deal ......
Agreed. Approach with caution.

Glenneel

Bench
Parramatta

falling-down-house-sept-23-breakout.jpg
Broncos also built theirs with public money donated to them. Parra should do the same. The Titans CoE is near me and they do share some facilities with the public. Part of their building has a public gym run privately and they have a small lap pool where someone runs learn to swim classes. I assume the Titans also use the pool exclusively during certain hours of the day, say, before 9am.

george

Juniors
Cronulla fire sale coming up I’ll take any of the following 4 please

1. Matty Prior
2. Xerri
3. Fifita
4. Johnson

Bazal

Post Whore
Prior is a plodder. No thanks.

If they do need to move players on they'll just shift Morris and/or TheDugan(tm) to some desperate muppets like Wests, and promote Xerri and Gagan or whoever they have left on peanuts.

Maybe the Lumelume bloke. Good name, that's half the battle

george

Juniors

If they do need to move players on they'll just shift Morris and/or TheDugan(tm) to some desperate muppets like Wests, and promote Xerri and Gagan or whoever they have left on peanuts.

Prior has more go forward in him than most our pack put together ... and last I checked has a premiership ring as a front rower

Don’t won’t a superstar just a big body that bends the line and creates momentum

Gronk

Staff member
Broncos also built theirs with public money donated to them. Parra should do the same. The Titans CoE is near me and they do share some facilities with the public. Part of their building has a public gym run privately and they have a small lap pool where someone runs learn to swim classes. I assume the Titans also use the pool exclusively during certain hours of the day, say, before 9am.

Good idea. Are you good for a few thousand ? You should start a GoFundMe page.

Gronk

Staff member

This might interest you.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/12/20/dragons-comment-on-centre-of-excellence-funding/

The St George Illawarra Dragons would like to make comment regarding the New South Wales Government's collective $50 million funding of NRL Centres of Excellence.

The Dragons were aware of the State Government's intention to provide some funding to support the development of Centre of Excellence facilities for NRL clubs.

This process was communicated by the Government in late 2016, and the Dragons made an initial application in the first round of submissions due by the end of March 2017.

Through our discussions with Government representatives during this process it became apparent that the funds being allocated were not to the level that would support the requirements of all the clubs who were likely to apply.

There were also specific requirements about project readiness and cooperative funding that were to be considered.

The Dragons chose not to move forward with an application in the final round of applications and advised Government representatives accordingly at the time.

This has not in any way diminished our aspiration to develop a world class training, administration and community facility for the Dragons. Our plans are advanced and we have been working closely with two specific partners on a planning process over the last 12 months.

The funds being made available by the State Government, and shared between multiple clubs, would not provide us with sufficient capital to develop the facility we require which is why the Dragons continue to pursue alternate options.

It is also noted that the Dragons were successful in receiving $60 million in Government funding over recent years for our WIN Stadium and Jubilee Oval facilities.

Bazal

Post Whore
Prior has more go forward in him than most our pack put together ... and last I checked has a premiership ring as a front rower

Don’t won’t a superstar just a big body that bends the line and creates momentum

Tbh Prior is basically Alvaro, but in a better side and older.

And smaller. Not required. In fact I wouldn't take any of their forwards, except Graham and obviously Fifita but that's not realistic.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

*or Parramatta.

I'm not sure the Tigers are in a position to take on too many new players. Wasn't Doogs linked to us a few weeks back (it may have been a few days things move so fast around here. And agreed on Prior.

Bazal

Post Whore
*or Parramatta.

I'm not sure the Tigers are in a position to take on too many new players. Wasn't Doogs linked to us a few weeks back (it may have been a few days things move so fast around here. And agreed on Prior.

I think that was just Avenger having a stir

I hope. Dugan would be an awful signing