What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Last night Pangi took on a pack of rep players and terrorised and intiminated them. He is the complete player, big, agressive and brutal, good in both attack and defence. Add to that his skillset of soft hands and a stepping ability to break up defenses. Both Taumalolo and McGuire will attest to the ferociousity of his hits. It looked like his mission last night was to keep Taulomolo quiet and he did that in spades, eventually putting on a huge hit that caused an MCL injury. This was an unintended and unfortunate consequence of the brutality of his defence.

He is the sort of player we've been crying out for years now and I reckon we should throw the bank at this player. Adding a player of his ability to our pack will completely transform it into a top 4 pack. Come on Parra, you can do it!

Last edited:
Last night Pangi took on a pack of rep players and terrorised and intiminated them. He is the complete player, big, agressive and brutal, good in both attack and defence. Add to that his skillset of soft hands and a stepping ability to break up defenses. Both Taumololo and Macguire will attest to the ferociousity of his hits. It looked like his mission last night was to keep Taulomolo quiet and he did that in spades, eventually putting on a huge hit that caused an MCL injury. This was an unintended and unfortunate consequence of the brutality of his defence.

He is the sort of player we've been crying out for years now and I reckon we should throw the bank at this player. Adding a player of his ability to our pack will completely transform it into a top 4 pack. Come on Parra, you can do it!

I hope nobody else has noticed him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Last night Pangi took on a pack of rep players and terrorised and intiminated them. He is the complete player, big, agressive and brutal, good in both attack and defence. Add to that his skillset of soft hands and a stepping ability to break up defenses. Both Taumololo and Macguire will attest to the ferociousity of his hits. It looked like his mission last night was to keep Taulomolo quiet and he did that in spades, eventually putting on a huge hit that caused an MCL injury. This was an unintended and unfortunate consequence of the brutality of his defence.

I highly doubt that Mannah or Gower are part of Squad in 2020.

Our pack will be young or at a good age and I expect Stefano and Kafusi to become part of it. Stone and Salesi are also possibilities also but less likely.
Should we sign Manu again? Who would you not want in this 17 or like to replace.

JNR
ALVARO
NIKUORE
LANE
BROWN

KAFUSI
TEREPO
STEFANO
TEPAI

lingard

Coach
I highly doubt that Mannah or Gower are part of Squad in 2020.

Our pack will be young or at a good age and I expect Stefano and Kafusi to become part of it. Stone and Salesi are also possibilities also but less likely.
Should we sign Manu again? Who would you not want in this 17 or like to replace.

JNR
ALVARO
NIKUORE
LANE
BROWN

KAFUSI
TEREPO
STEFANO
TEPAI

That's nice, Hindy. they are all good players. But how many would be considered State of Origin level? All the top teams have at least one in their forward pack.

hindy111

Post Whore
That's nice, Hindy. they are all good players. But how many would be considered State of Origin level? All the top teams have at least one in their forward pack.

Jnr is capable of origin and Brown wouldn't be put of place . Would you swap for RCG, Jai Arrow or Woods? I wouldn't.
Tepai,Lane Nikuore all are young enough to go up a gear. And who onows how good Kafusi or Stefano will be. I get sense they will be 2 good prope.
Stone and Salesi most likely squad fillers.
I am not sure there is a huge difference to an origin level prop and an NRL starter.

Stevie

Bench
I said this months ago and someone laughed re Pen Jnr. He is unsigned for 2020 and there are figures of a 2mil deal over 4 years. That’s a steal. Easily worth 3mil over 4. You reckon he’d turn down an extra quarter of a mil a year? I dunno...

I said this months ago and someone laughed re Pen Jnr. He is unsigned for 2020 and there are figures of a 2mil deal over 4 years. That’s a steal. Easily worth 3mil over 4. You reckon he’d turn down an extra quarter of a mil a year? I dunno...
He'll take a huge paycut to play under Seibold. Everyone loves Seibold.

Pazza

First Grade
Isn't Mannah the only player on the roster we get a 200k cap consession for long service?

If so id keep him around for depth.

Pazza

First Grade

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/the-salary-cap/

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

I guess this commits us to one of the players mentioned. Gotta take advantage of this cap consession.

Bazal

Post Whore

Somehow I doubt anyone laughed at the idea of signing TPJ.

In fact I remember off season discussions from many posters that centred around him and NAS

Latest posts