What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
When you look at his latest indiscretion in relation to some by others (drug taking, violence, DV, etc) it has to be considered minor. And the police took no action so by their action it falls into the minor category. It falls into the dick head category. Why are we being so tough? Is it the current climate with the NRL? We'll need him desperately next week against the Roosters. Our pack that includes Evans and Gower won't be able to stand up to their pack.

Onto another subject, will Parra be the only team, as happened with Edwards slapping someone a few years ago, to have a player sin-binned over a high tackle? There were multiple examples over the weekend and not one player sin-binned. Typical!

You don't change a club's culture by being soft when it comes to punishing behaviour contrary to the club's code of conduct.

Many don't agree, but the only way to completely change a club's culture, is to make an example of behaviours that will not be tolerated.

Good on you, Parramatta - good on you.

So Moga at the Knights gets 2 weeks for his second physical assault incident, Terepo acted stupidly but didn't attack anyone and there is a bit of a witch hunt to punish him more severely.

Obviously don't condone what happened, but in the kangaroo court of things, was minor. No doubt as no charges emanated he stupidly thought no one would report it, in the PC world of the current NRL, it immediately made it reportable.

2 weeks and a fine shud be his punishment.
[/QUOTE]

Right, that's all fine if he pulls his head in. If he doesn't and someone ends up badly injured or worse, things won't look so rosy. The NRL has a long history of downplaying alcohol-related incidents, and in particular those involving driving. He was very lucky not to have shown the door for the previous incident. I don't want him sacked, but people are already trying to down-play the latest incident apparently because he plays for us. I find that odd, to say the least.

Pazza

First Grade
So you keep a player well past his prime which no other NRL or SL club would want because he is cheap? So you wouldn't fill his spot with a better player. Wtf!

Alvaro or Terepo could be eligible for the LSP allowance. Btw the LSP allowance is only available for 1 player is my understanding.

i said i'd keep Mannah if he was the only player available for the concession. If another player is eligible then no problem move on.

Might as well take advantage, get a discount on a middle forward. Use the 200k towards someone else. Lots of other guys to pay on this roster.

Anyone know what the go is with Pritchard? I think he’s definitely lost his starting spot if he comes back.
He's not coming back according to MJC. He'd know. There's something going on there I reckon that we will never hear about. I'd say it's of a personal nature IMO. I wish him well. Good little soldier.

hindy111

Post Whore
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...g-games-to-tonga-or-fiji-20190323-p516xd.html

Peni Terepo is likely to be spared the axe over his drunken behaviour on a flight from Tonga to New Zealand.
The Eels initially considered tearing up Terepo’s contract after he failed to inform them of this latest incident.

However, it appears a heavy fine is now most likely.
Parramatta are yet to come up with a final determination, which is expected in coming days. However, the Tongan prop could be available as soon as next weekend if he accepts the Eels’ terms.
The Tongan international knows he is on his last chance.

Excellent scoop last week cheif. Right on the money..

hindy111

Post Whore
You don't change a club's culture by being soft when it comes to punishing behaviour contrary to the club's code of conduct.

Many don't agree, but the only way to completely change a club's culture, is to make an example of behaviours that will not be tolerated.

Good on you, Parramatta - good on you.

He got drunk and was a little loud and slurred his words. Big whoop

ash411

Bench
When you look at his latest indiscretion in relation to some by others (drug taking, violence, DV, etc) it has to be considered minor. And the police took no action so by their action it falls into the minor category. It falls into the dick head category. Why are we being so tough? Is it the current climate with the NRL? We'll need him desperately next week against the Roosters. Our pack that includes Evans and Gower won't be able to stand up to their pack.

Onto another subject, will Parra be the only team, as happened with Edwards slapping someone a few years ago, to have a player sin-binned over a high tackle? There were multiple examples over the weekend and not one player sin-binned. Typical!

He got drunk and was a little loud and slurred his words. Big whoop

You're both completely missing the point.

They're not being tough on him because of the incident itself, the incident on it's own is pretty much nothing and probably would have only seen him get a small fine and maybe sit out the first game.

It's the fact that he didn't tell the club about it. Again. He's already been in trouble for not informing the club of an incident before, and he's gone and done it again.

It shows a lack of respect for the club, that is the issue, that's why they're being hard on him.

Glenneel

Bench

Right, that's all fine if he pulls his head in. If he doesn't and someone ends up badly injured or worse, things won't look so rosy. The NRL has a long history of downplaying alcohol-related incidents, and in particular those involving driving. He was very lucky not to have shown the door for the previous incident. I don't want him sacked, but people are already trying to down-play the latest incident apparently because he plays for us. I find that odd, to say the least.[/QUOTE]
Not because he plays for us but that the indiscretion is minor, very minor in fact, and definitely not a sackable offence imo. I can guarantee that if it was a Broncos/Storm player nothing would have been printed. After all News Ltd own most of the papers and have a stake in both clubs I believe.

That players at other clubs cop minor penalties for far worse indiscretions should be of more concern to the NRL. Here it is espousing/portraying a hard stance on bad behaviour but by their inaction enforcing tougher penalties means that they are not serious and only after the headlines.