What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Prob not but there is no doubt a lot of our boys hit the wall the later the season went.
Souffs now face a team who also seem to have gone hard all season after they’ve had a weeks break, what if Souffs hit the wall this week?
What if Souffs going over the top last season helped them prepare for this season?

Soto

Bench
I think it smart. Theyve watched the kid and dont rate him as high as others so getting rid of now.
Time to get father and son to Parra.
Surely cant blame Kyle for the roosters shit defensive displays 3 weeks in a row.
Excellent goal kicker, defence has improved massively and will only get better.
Would always have mitch and dylbro as the starting halves but Kyle could be 14...
Plus u have a good quality half if dylbro or mitch are unavailable...plus roosters would be paying a good chunk if he comes to us

Pazza

First Grade
Souffs now face a team who also seem to have gone hard all season after they’ve had a weeks break, what if Souffs hit the wall this week?
What if Souffs going over the top last season helped them prepare for this season?

Bennett wasnt talking about who had gone hard all season. He was talking about the ten week covid break.

It would suit BAs MO to treat those ten weeks like a second pre season. It explains how much more physically dominate parra was for the first half of the season and the panning off effect.

The story could be BS but it definately seems like a better explanation than a group of players becoming hopeless over the course of a season after showing good form.

84 Baby

Referee
Bennett wasnt talking about who had gone hard all season. He was talking about the ten week covid break.

It would suit BAs MO to treat those ten weeks like a second pre season. It explains how much more physically dominate parra was for the first half of the season and the panning off effect.

The story could be BS but it definately seems like a better explanation than a group of players becoming hopeless over the course of a season after showing good form.
Of course we did. I doubt we were the only ones (Rorters and Smugfers likely did).
There’s way too many moving parts over a season to declare who made the right decision in the break. There isn’t necessarily a right decision.
And I guess if Souffs weren’t smashed last season then they’d be the reigning premiers? It’s an impossible question that only one coach/team gets right every year

Wally21

Bench
Continuing to select Kevans over Kaufusi (or even Alvaro) was utterly confusing. BAs fixation on height in lieu of ability and development was baffling to say the least. One genuine prop on the bench and it was Kevans. Helloooooooo. Was that ever going to work? I note he hooked him pretty quickly after Kevans usual defensive efforts.
This Gazz. I actually forgot about Alvaro. He would have been handy in defence at the very least

oldmancraigy

Coach
If you rewatch the game , the turning point was Davey falling off the tackle in the third try, our replacements got found out big time. I’ll say it again, the middles were left off for too long and that’s how Souffs got back in the game.

Evans is what he is, Davey is unlikely to improve and Stone is a bit undersized. Need to replace those leaving with some size and attitude, Moses is the least of our issues despite the bombardment from Slothfield and Hooper

This is it.

Rotating Paulo RCG and Brown needs to be worked on next season. Especially when all 3 of them can play 60mins plus. There has to be a way to have 2 of the 3 on the field almost every minute of every game

hindy111

Post Whore
This is it.

Rotating Paulo RCG and Brown needs to be worked on next season. Especially when all 3 of them can play 60mins plus. There has to be a way to have 2 of the 3 on the field almost every minute of every game

With Niakore and depends how much Kafusi develops then we may not have to.
Also depends who recruit. Lane may move to bench and play as a middle.