What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Pazza

First Grade
I fear pou will be telling us how he was right with horse head sk next year.
What a spine.Sheck.Luke.Johnson.Foran.
Luke missed a lot of footy sheck missed season and they add Foran.This will be one hell of a team.

Its not one hell of a front office.

The SK hire just shows how poorly run that organisation is.

If semi really doesn't want to be here then why did he come back from Fiji? He could have went straight to France.
There are some trying to make him look money hungry and greedy but really if all this stuffing around and taking off back to Fiji and coming back is him and it doesn't fit in with our team plans then he is not bigger than the team and we should let him leave and if a swap for Hunt is on the cards then yeah let's do it.
But if he is happy at the club and team is happy with him then we should offer him a nice upgrade and extension.

Well the NRL and the clubs legal team had to intervene and pull his manager over the coals, his entire family and manager admitted he wanted out, im not sure what more you need to see he wanted out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sure, but my point was that doesn't exclusively happen so it's entirely possible (I even think likely) that Semi won't settle on his future until net year.
At the very least I'd say it's likely we won't know about his decision until well after November. But if Bennett's got money to spend on a marquee outside back there is more than one available player (e.g. Inglis) for realistically only one spot.

Stagger eel

Staff member
@Stagger eel You have sucked everyone in with this game. Even if you're taking the piss I am enjoying it. How long will the clues keep coming for? Until (if) he signs?

Until someone guesses his name and when I said guess I mean 1 name per post not a list of 363 NRL players on 1 post.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i have figured out who Stagger is talking about

we start off with pipeline
Scottish people play bagpipes
Billy Connolly is Scottish
Billy Connolly is married to Pamela Stephenson
Pamela Stephenson is from New Zealand
Benji Marshall is from New Zealand
Benji Marshall has had a big fall from grace

it has to therefore be Greg Bird

amirite?

Noise

Coach
Pipeline , pipes are made of steel - Newcastle
Reached the peak - premiership winner , origin
Under contract / outside forces - need to agree to a release
Fall from grace - chose to go to a shit club and won the spoon

Trent hodkinson

oldmancraigy

Coach
Pipeline , pipes are made of steel - Newcastle
Reached the peak - premiership winner , origin
Under contract / outside forces - need to agree to a release
Fall from grace - chose to go to a shit club and won the spoon

Trent hodkinson

Surely Stagger wouldnt make us play this game for a player of Hokkas capacity??? It has to be someone at least half decent?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I fear pou will be telling us how he was right with horse head sk next year.
All I ever said about Kearney was that he wasn't as bad a coach as his results with a shit squad at Parramatta would indicate. Forty games with that squad was too small a sample to properly judge him. Look at Stuart's five wins in 24 games. It was no proof he was a shit coach.

I think Kearney made some very risky recruitment decisions - Sandow turned out to be the worst signing in our history - but I also think he had to take big risks because our roster was so far behind. Low risk signings would have kept us uncompetitive. And if we paid overs it was because we had to. We've seemingly had to pay overs under Arthur as well, so it's clear it's not something coaches do for shits and giggles.

What a spine.Sheck.Luke.Johnson.Foran.
Luke missed a lot of footy sheck missed season and they add Foran.This will be one hell of a team.
I'm not sure they will do so well actually. Sure they have a lot of talent, so if they do well it will be nothing to do with Kearney ;) but on the other hand the squad seems to be full of shit attitudes, so they are likely to continue to underperform. Would a good coach overcome this? Cleary did, and he is now unemployed. So was he a good coach, or lucky? Or just right for the Warriors at the time (as he was briefly right for the Panthers)? Ultimately though, I think a good coach would avoid clubs like the Warriors. They are stuck with unproven coaches like Kearney (as was Parra when we signed Stuart - whose reputation was cloudy at the time - and then Arthur).

As for the Warriors, how they perform next year will be attributed to Kearney depending on what people want to see. Personally I think results during a coach's first year in charge mean very little, with results in following years having successively more meaning. Which is why our 13 wins this year (under adversity but also with an illegally assembled squad for the first few months) said more about Arthur's than our results last year, which said more than our results in 2014 with a squad almost entirely inherited from preceding coaches Stuart and Kearney.

It's certainly a complex issue, and not really conducive to scapegoating by any rational mind. But footy is an emotional game, and people need their scapegoats.

Redback71

First Grade
Just heard on the radio that the broncos want semi and are willing to trade ben hunt for him. Better not be true caue id rather keep semi. On the radio they said a swap like that is about even benefit wise. What does everyone else think?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So here it is again, semi has 1 year on his contract, but in squad succeeding Thread it said end 2018
When he re-signed the Eels official site said it was until the end of 2018. Now it's all being reported as him being off contract at the end of next year.

I'd say the most recent information is more reliable (maybe 2018 was an option in Radradra's favour) but I only update that thread based on official information.

Latest posts