What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Just heard on the radio that the broncos want semi and are willing to trade ben hunt for him. Better not be true caue id rather keep semi. On the radio they said a swap like that is about even benefit wise. What does everyone else think?

Let's do it then.

Bazal

Post Whore
In 2011 we often had all four props making 100+ metres because we mostly played up the middle.
I'd be very surprised if Allgood made over 100m even half as many times as Alvaro already has. He didn't do it once for Hull KR this season, averaging just 58m a hame over 24 games. Alvaro is a much better player than Allgood, is the basic point

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just heard on the radio that the broncos want semi and are willing to trade ben hunt for him. Better not be true caue id rather keep semi. On the radio they said a swap like that is about even benefit wise. What does everyone else think?
Radradra is a better player but Hunt plays a more important position. What's in it for the Broncos? Who do they want to replace Hunt? It would have to be Nikorima.

For mine, I'd rather Hunt at right half than any of our current options, and it's easier to find another left winger (we allegedly already signed Hoffman). Plus Semi's attitude f**king pissed me off this year. He went from my favourite player to a selfish scumbag very quickly.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd be very surprised if Allgood made over 100m even half as many times as Alvaro already has. He didn't do it once for Hull KR this season, averaging just 58m a hame over 24 games. Alvaro is a much better player than Allgood, is the basic point
I don't really care about how many metres they made anyway. It's not what we need from most of our middle forwards. They don't all need to be strong runners (because there is only so many possible carries in a set, and our edge forwards get plenty of those) but all your middle forwards (or at least most of them) need to be able to work hard in defence and complete their tackles. Especially in our defensive structure.

Alvaro fits our team perfectly whereas Mitch Allgood wouldn't.

T.S Quint

Coach
Sandow is easily the worst signing in Parra's history (recent history at least).

I was against his signing from the second it was first reported in the paper. He was not the player we needed at the time. We needed leadership and someone with control. Sure he had some attacking brilliance at times, but those times were all too rare. We paid him a truckload and he was stuck on our cap for 4 years.

Foran in the other hand was exactly what we needed at the time, and he actually played well when he was on the field. He may have cost more, but at least he had the decency to not chew up our cap

hindy111

Post Whore
Ben Hunt will never win a premiership that GF he lost for Broncos has destroyed him. Bennett realises this and what's to off load his damaged goods.

To swap Semi and Hunt is absurd. IMO semi is worth every cent of 500k per season!
Bullshit. But a change of club would hlp as he may feel like he let his team mates down.

hindy111

Post Whore
Id rather Hunt then semi.We need a solid kicking game and Hunt has that.This is how you control a game of footy.Sure semi big charges help but most his finishes plenty of wingers cam do.We will miss his flamboyant play but if hunt can pick up amd extra 6mtrs on his kick then semi charge has been taken care of.

hindy111

Post Whore
The thing is if semi is on unders we dont need to let him go .Would be mad to.
Unless he comitts then maybe upgrade him.Other make him finish contract.

I reckon broncos are going to go all out for moses for 2018.That will be their marquee signing

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sandow is easily the worst signing in Parra's history (recent history at least).

I was against his signing from the second it was first reported in the paper. He was not the player we needed at the time. We needed leadership and someone with control. Sure he had some attacking brilliance at times, but those times were all too rare.
Behind the Bunnies pack they weren't rare at all. Behind constant quick play-the-balls Sandow was one of the best attacking players in the game. In the three years Sandow played the full season for Souths ('09 to '11) they were the highest scoring team in the NRL. It was their defence that let them down (in hindsight largely because of him I reckon).

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ben Hunt will never win a premiership that GF he lost for Broncos has destroyed him. Bennett realises this and what's to off load his damaged goods.

To swap Semi and Hunt is absurd. IMO semi is worth every cent of 500k per season!

Am I the only one who thinks he's worth more? Him Big JT, and Surgess should be the highest paid non spine players in the comp imo.

Buuuut if he'd rather be elsewhere what do you do?

Latest posts