What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
COREY NORMAN is behind a push by Parramatta to pull out all stops to sign Broncos half Ben Hunt for 2018 and beyond.

The pair clicked at the Broncos and Norman has been in touch with Hunt to talk up coach Brad Arthur and the future that awaits his old team-mate if he cuts ties with Red Hill.

The Broncos are confident Anthony Milford and Hunt, off contract at the end of next year, will re-sign with the club post-2017.

Milford is set to be a $1 million-plus per season player and Hunt’s management is keen for a big pay rise for the 26-year-old.

The Mole understands Hunt is looking for a significant bump up to the realm of $800,000 per season and that the Eels will win the battle of the cash splash.

Negotiations will begin after November 1 and will test the Broncos’ ability to once again get players to stay and play under Wayne Bennett for less than other clubs are offering.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/hunt-...d=779779955206914048&adbpl=tw&adbpr=236216311

hineyrulz

Post Whore
8ook for hunt???? Meh!! Most Bronco fans will be happy to see the back of him, Milford is the one they need to keep.

El Diablo

Post Whore
305187-wayne-bennett-and-john-grant.jpg

IFR33K

Coach
You fellas haven't factored in bronco dollars currency. $800 k would be his earnings but he'll be on 250 k pa.

TheRam

Coach
WTF Hunt on 800k???

For that type of money we could sign almost any other half including Moses. Hunt is very erratic and should not be on more then around half that at best.

FFS Gutho was better then him this season just on effort.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I may have said this once or twice before but ff guys, its the Mole so I would probabaly halve the $800K

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'd suggest 800K is close to the going rate for a halfback of first grade quality. Anything better than that would be more expensive.

We probably any afford the sort of halfback that you blokes want.

Just thinking is staggers signing even a player? Could it be a football manager? Could it be Tony Zappia?

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd suggest 800K is close to the going rate for a halfback of first grade quality. Anything better than that would be more expensive.

We probably any afford the sort of halfback that you blokes want.

Exactly, I think Hunt is not that good but all we can afford, but no where near $800K imo

Some people want another JT for a bargain but it aint gonna happen.

Noise

Coach
Clue for the day

My possible signing could be a hit or miss

Hit or miss = hits his mrs

Robert Lui
Greg Inglis
Greg Bird

That ex-tigers front rower lunatic, forgot his name (didn't hit his mrs but threatened to kill some chick) Edit: Matt Lodge

Latest posts