Rumours and Stuff

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Jun 21, 2016.

1. TheRam

TheRam First Grade

Of course it's not. It's about getting our junior recruitment and development right and identification right. This is why we are struggling right now to add more quality to our top roster without going over the salary cap.

We don't have any real quality coming through to add to the roster relatively cheaply to bolster out top 17. We need to go out to the market place to bring in

2. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

A passenger who didn't stop his team winning 65 games? You don't comprehend how much of a team game it is. Bad players just don't win a lot of NRL games. They either don't play much or they play for shit teams and lose.

3. Poupou Escobar

The stat doesn't mean they won games on their own, just that they were involved in a lot of winning teams. That's not something that shit players do.

4. Poupou Escobar

He won 25 games ffs. On his own!

5. Avenger

Avenger Referee

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/season-2021-predictions.482379/

6. Joshuatheeel

Joshuatheeel Moderator Staff Member

listen to the TCT podcast, there appears to be a few juniors doing the offseason with the NRL squad and a few may push for development contracts / top 30 spots.

I have no really knowledge of what our juniors are like but from what I have read / listen to, it appears so far:

- we have Dunster / Hughes (winger / middle ) confirmed top 30
    - Hollis (middle) may be top 30
    - Arthur and the young Fijian winger may be on development contracts next year
    - there is a young 18 year centre (forget his name) think has been mention as well with potential doing the offseason training

so that’s 2 wingers / half / 2 middles / 1 centre (6 players), all with potential. Plus there is probably a couple of others I havent mentioned. Not sure you need much more juniors pushing around the top 30. That’s a good balance.

Glenneel and Poupou Escobar like this.
  7. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Brenko Lee just won a comp, I mean WTF???

Just ponder that one for a moment!!!!

The stats don’t matter, the nrl don’t matter , the world don’t matter FFS the universe don’t matter.

Mind f**king blown man mind f**king blown.

lingard and Happy MEel like this.
  8. Poupou Escobar

We aren't able to add quality because we haven't lost any top 13 players from this year's squad. That's where the money is tied up. If none of those players are off the books then neither are their salaries. So where is the cap space coming from to 'add quality'? ffs use your brian.
    How do you know that? Have you seen the kids we're bringing into our squad next year?

9. Noise

Noise Coach

The guys on the TCT talked up guys like Loko, O’Hanlon, Tepai, Tanginoa, Parry, etc on various Parra forums over the years. All duds. It’s not just about having juniors. It’s about having a few exceptional ones. Only the very best juniors make good first graders. We haven’t produced a whole heap in the last 10 years.

10. Poupou Escobar

Sometimes backups win premierships. It happens. But we know he's ordinary because he's only won 34 games in his career. All single handedly of course.

Eelogical likes this.
  11. Poupou Escobar

It's not just about finding the future superstars. The richest clubs get those kids because they spend the most on their football departments, including junior recruitment. But clubs like Parra can benefit from juniors by having the odd top 17 player on minimum salary, allowing us to spend cap space elsewhere in the roster.

12. Joshuatheeel

they are only duds if we pay to much for them. Juniors can fill the squad on the cheap.

TCT wasn’t around for the for the Loko / KT / PO years.....

Parry wasn’t really a dud, yeah he wasn’t a superstar but did ok in his 2 games, it’s a shame he left. Could have developed into a fair player and provided a cheap option/back up at winger.

Anyhow if we are talking junior development, I reckon developing 2 spine players in Mahoney / Drown in the last 2 years is probably the best it gets. Spine players are pretty expensive to buy and we have managed to debut and develop 2, together.

Matty Bhoy and Poupou Escobar like this.
  13. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin First Grade

I believe if you include Hughes there'll be 10 "juniors" doing an NRL pre-season this year. The centre you're thinking of is probably Sean Russell, also plays fullback and wing.

Joshuatheeel likes this.
  14. Stagger eel

Stagger eel Moderator Staff Member

or Villiami Penisini?

15. Joshuatheeel

i think the centre may have been Vilami Penisini

16. Delboy

Delboy First Grade

For those who haven’t been around or ignore hat has been said, the juniors coming through now are the result of the club regaining their focus on pathways under BA, that started when da was removed and Field and Arthur started on the U14/U15 about 5 years ago. Kaufusi, Dunster, Stefano and evening Keppie and others that took the dollars elsewhere were part of the new JETS protocol.

The names that are mentioned were part of the Matt’s and Ball that made finals in the past 4 years, and most are true juniors that were developed from our system and some astute recruitment. Penisini, Loizou, Carrol , Arthur all played for Rouse Hill, Hills, Wenty etc with others coming through.
    Not sure how many will prove to be NRL players but have much better development than some names brought up as past sort of failures.

17. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

lol

18. Soren Lorenson

Soren Lorenson Bench

Does BA get any credit for turning Brown, Gutho and Paulo into SOO squad members? (asking for a friend, I hate the merkin)

19. I bleed blue & gold

I bleed blue & gold First Grade

20. Noise

Noise Coach

I said the same guys on TCT were spruiking those players on various parra forums, before TCT, not on TCT. They talk everyone up.

Parry was certainly a dud. Embarrassing defence. Mahoney and Brown certainly have potential to be very good players but aren’t there yet IMO.

hineyrulz likes this.