What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah, look that's great, but apparently all players reckon this has been the easiest pre-season ever so I'm tempering my expectations.... I'm hearing BA has been handing out snakes and fairy floss during the beep tests....
Well Bennett did tell BA that he over trained his team early this year. Under training is the new coaching solution.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well Bennett did tell BA that he over trained his team early this year. Under training is the new coaching solution.

I'd say 250-300k.
He was 25 at the time he signed his last contract and in 2018 just finished his best year and one of our better forwards after what was his 3rd year in the NRL. He would of been entering his peak years 2019-2021.
The fact no other NRL clubs had any interest in taking over the 3rd year of his contract makes me think closer to 300k. At 180k I dare say atleast 2 or 3 clubs would see him as a decent option and squad filler.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

^^^

Bryce Cartwright – has arrived ready
to tackle ?

Edit: such a brilliant website, the boys do a great job

Gronk

Staff member
Meanwhile in Tigertown, Ryan Matterson, Mitch Moses and Josh Aloiai are the scum of the earth for wanting out. However when the shoe is on the other foot, it’s fine.

Meanwhile in Tigertown, Ryan Matterson, Mitch Moses and Josh Aloiai are the scum of the earth for wanting out. However when the shoe is on the other foot, it’s fine.

How is the boot on the other foot? Wests weren't refusing to pay him (or play him). They released him so he could take up a longer term deal in the Super League. He didn't have to go.

Gronk

Staff member
How is the boot on the other foot? Wests weren't refusing to pay him (or play him). They released him so he could take up a longer term deal in the Super League. He didn't have to go.
I also think if Matterson did what he did at the Tigers to Parra, then our fans would be ropeable
We can talk semantics all day, but telling a first grader that he'll be playing reggies all year even though the rookie being played ahead of him is really not a better option is a dog move. All clubs do it. Bringing a contract to end before its term is actioned by both sides is a fact of life. Sometimes it's convenient to both sides and sometimes not. We did it to Morts and Sandow to make them leave.

Regardless of the back-story you can't have your cake and eat it too. Don't be hating players for wanting out whilst you are simultaneously white-anting another player's career to make him move on.

The argy bargy of employment contracts is a thing, get over it. If the NRL are going to cap a player's earnings if he wants to move on, then what are they going to do about a club forcing a player out by putting his career in the meat grinder ?

Latest posts