What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Depends on the cause of the condition for which they need to be rehabilitated. If it is directly work-related, then yes they may be.

In terms of the original post;
Sandow had a gambling problem and Foran busted up with his mrs along with a drug and gambling problem. I can't see how they are directly work related.

Gronk

Staff member
How lackluster has this GF's buildup been. Cronulla, who cares? As for Melbourne? Yeah they really have caught the imagination of the Victorian public.

I'm sure it will probably rate it's tits off by default, as per all GF's, but unless it is a great game, not many will give a toss one way or the other.

That's more like it Rammy.
thumbsup.gif

In terms of the original post;
Sandow had a gambling problem and Foran busted up with his mrs along with a drug and gambling problem. I can't see how they are directly work related.

I was just answering your question....which didn't quote anything, but directly followed something about Prosencko

I reckon the club might've ended up in some trouble if they'd sacked players for having mental problems.

If they simply sacked them for having mental problems, well yes. But there's always a point at which a player's behaviour is unacceptable, despite the existence of such problems. The pretty sad Ben Cousins story is a case in point.

Stevie

Bench
Oh please. The bloke is a full blown junkie!
Years and years of serious drugs abuse from a young age!

Gronk

Staff member
from ^^^^ above link. Derp Nathan Ryan we already know about Kirisome Auva'a

SHHHHH

Which Sydney club has discussed handing a lifeline to an NRL bad boy? And no, it’s not Todd Carney.

forward pass

Coach
I'm sorry, but what an absolute, unmitigated load of crap.

Should we pay him a million bucks a year? Should we match French Rugby money for a bloke who, as fantastic as he is, is ulimately just a winger? What if Semi doesn't want to be here? It's a classic Parramatta fan mentality, you simply don't believe that there are other reasons for a player to leave besides the club somehow not doing enough to keep them. Hayne? Walked out. Jamie Lyon...seriously? If Semi goes, he goes. Obviously we'd much rather keep him bu you can't destroy the roster to do so and you can't keep a bloke who doesn't want to be here. No amount of whining will make that the clubs fault.

Now that is a load of crap. Just a winger? The best winger in the game and could turn out to be one of the all time best. And wingers are more important than centres now so they still deserve a decent pay. Just a winger. ffs

And he has already ruled out French rugby so only competing with other NRL clubs.

The Colonel

Immortal
Oh please. The bloke is a full blown junkie!
Years and years of serious drugs abuse from a young age!

Yes, because addiction changes the brain in fundamental ways, disturbing a person's normal hierarchy of needs and desires and substituting new priorities connected with procuring and using the drug. The resulting compulsive behaviors that override the ability to control impulses despite the consequences are similar to hallmarks of other mental illnesses.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicati...ental-illnesses/drug-addiction-mental-illness

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The point about 'just a winger' though is that he can be replaced with a far less capable winger who is then made less integral to the gameplan.

I agree Radradra is worth $500k+ but the fact is you can win premierships with wingers worth much less than that combined.

Gronk

Staff member
Now that is a load of crap. Just a winger? The best winger in the game and could turn out to be one of the all time best. And wingers are more important than centres now so they still deserve a decent pay. Just a winger. ffs

And he has already ruled out French rugby so only competing with other NRL clubs.

Source ?

yy_cheng

Coach
The point about 'just a winger' though is that he can be replaced with a far less capable winger who is then made less integral to the gameplan.

I agree Radradra is worth $500k+ but the fact is you can win premierships with wingers worth much less than that combined.
But his freakishness could also mean you win a gf instead of losing one when u have an ordinary some

Bazal

Post Whore

Lol. So you reckon he's worth a million bucks if that's what he asks, and worth wrecking the roster for?

Is he also a centre? Fullback? Does he kick goals?

He may be the best winger in the game, but he is absolutely just a winger at this stage. Clearly the club wants to keep him, but they obviously agree. They have him practicing goal kicking so that we can potentially justify paying him something like marquee money. But I'll give you the tip right now, you do not win competitions paying halfback money for a winger. Look at the Storm, they've let Koroibete go for that exact reason, and he's nearly as good as Semi and cheaper. It really is as simple as that, you don't win competitions on the back of a marquee winger, and if it does go that way and we lose him as a result of his asking price being far too high, then the club will have made the right decision despite your little rant.

Latest posts