What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tell that to the people that kill in the name of their book and the millions who don't read or care about the "details" in those books who simply ignore or go along with the destructive side of religion simply to avoid a target on their backs.

The details in the books matters to many millions if not billions. To say they don't is do deny the reality of documented history.

Another classic statement from you Pou. You never cease to amuse.
Once again you show your lack of understanding. War is based on tribalism, and religion is just another way to coopt people. But the 20th century proved that one tribe having the same religious book as another tribe wouldn't stop them from going to war. The Communists proved that taking away people's religion didn't stop tribalism either. Get educated.

TheRam

Coach
Once again you show your lack of understanding. War is based on tribalism, and religion is just another way to coopt people. But the 20th century proved that one tribe having the same religious book as another tribe wouldn't stop them from going to war. The Communists proved that taking away people's religion didn't stop tribalism either. Get educated.

Where did I say that religion was the only and sole cause of all wars you ignorant buffoon?

But you said the written details in those religious books are largely irrelevant and don't matter. Hahahahaha...

Books matter...and I would suggest a bunch of Totalitarians and Fascists would agree.

hindy111

Post Whore
has BA added anyone new to the staff in the last 2 years?
I would have brought in the Storm offense coordinator.
You need new ideas every year.

I'd give Joey a chance. Last year I am sure he wasn't allowed in contact with the players. Far different then being able to interact properly.

T-Boon

Coach
STUFF:
Has anyone been to journalism school or whatever who might be able to explain the reason court journalists outside of the court badger people on the way out of court even after they say "no comment"? Every time I see this done I want the journalist to get leveled for being a rude merkin.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
4wmdjh.jpg

from my parish yes. Would you let your kids go to summer camp with any nrl player?

No, but NRL players don't tend to go on summer camps in leadership roles over kids. For all of its faults, the NRL does not really provide a useful cover for this sort of stuff. Church / social/ school groups do (not because any of these are inherently bad....but they can provide an environment where bad shit happens and goes undetected for some time). It turned out that my CofE Boys Society leader was molesting one of the other (11-12 yr old) kids in my group for about a year before anyone twigged as to what was going on.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The term woke has come about as a result of people realising that there are plenty of instances where someone claims the moral high ground and pretends to be ‘mindful of others’, but only when it suits them.

Take for instance, your casual dismissal of millions of genuine, caring and compassionate catholics.
Never did that at all. If you comb through my posts I actually said yesterday that I feel sorry for well meaning Catholics.
Only after myself and Pou mentioned them. It was an afterthought at best.
Mind reading at best.

Mind reading? Let's examine the evidence shall we?

Firstly, you said this. You very clearly lumped all catholics in together and didn't acknowledge that there are plenty of good ones who don't conduct, facilitate or support child abuse.

I wasn’t just ranking any religion over another. The catholics have lost a lot of respect and credibility for good reason. The champions of morality lost the plot.

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/religious-institutions

Then Pou said this.

Well it's good that you're not tarring all homosexuals with this brush, so why do you think it's fine to tar all Catholics with it?

Then I said this.

I’m sure there are a lot of good honest Catholics. I can’t imagine it would be easy reconciling your faith with the actions of a few shitbags with power.

Then finally you conceded that perhaps there might be some Catholics who are OK. Its an afterthought. If it was important you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous generalisation to begin with.

I have sympathy for those Catholics whose name has been dragged through the mud due to systematic child sexual abuse by those who are in the ultimate position of trust and the coverups by the hierarchy of the church who placed their reputation paramount to the wellbeing of children.

No mind reading required. I literally just outlined what actually happened.

T-Boon

Coach
I'd give Joey a chance. Last year I am sure he wasn't allowed in contact with the players. Far different then being able to interact properly.

I don't know much about Joeys coaching ability. I can't think of a halves combination he has helped make better as coach. But yeah you are right he will be more involved.