What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
That’s the case all the time, not just with the August 1 deadline. You think Cooper Cronk was going to leave Melbourne for the dogs?

Long term contracts are different and money as well as other things play their part, but money is obviously the main driver in the end for the majority. Cooper was never going to ruin his legacy and go to an also ran. But he was in a very different situation compared to most.

TheRam

Coach
I think you're overstating how cheap these merkins would be. Just because you'd never heard of them until a month ago doesn't mean they weren't on the radar of every NRL club since they were 16 years old. There is big demand for these kids, which drives prices up.

At this stage of their careers most(90+%) would be cheap. Players like X. Savage definitely are. I am not talking about the ones that come with all the hype like Suaalii mate. Look how the Roosters stack their junior roster with so many of the top end juniors. All I am saying is that we have got a definite lack of real speed in out ranks. We need to address it.

lingard

Coach
We have just blooded 2 x Kids who barely played last season and are 18/19. Add Dunster who ind of debut this season also. Well he did get a game in finals last season due to a heap of injuries. But we have perhaps unearthed 3 x backline players in space of 6mths. Haze and Russel are fast.
Guth,Sivo,Waqa,Opacic are already signed. Lets not block their pathways now.
Lets get rid of Waqa.

yy_cheng

Coach
Waqa might be good like Hindy11 says. And like that 1 game last year against the panfers. But he doesn't suit our game plans so best to move him on.

Though for me, I don't want him. He's lazy, he doesn't use his winger, he grabs in defense.

Give me a Joel Reddy, Ben Smith anyday over Waqa