What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Why is it bizarre? Spine players earn more than most, generally, what if next contract parra says to Dylan you’re not a 5/8 you’re a centre and we’re only willing to pay you 400k. But he knows he can earn 650 as a 5/8.

Do you really think that that is going to happen on what he has already shown as a 5/8th?

IFR33K

Coach
Well, that would be a completely different situation. All that has happened here is that he has played a game or two at centre because of injuries. Why the hell would Parra decide to do that?

not sure. Maybe Ba wants his son to play grade and 5/8 is his only option. Oh how much I hope I’m wrong

IFR33K

Coach
Do you really think that that is going to happen on what he has already shown as a 5/8th?

I honestly don’t know. What I’ve seen from ja would suggest no, but it’s not like BA has had any major brain farts in the passed.

not sure. Maybe Ba wants his son to play grade and 5/8 is his only option. Oh how much I hope I’m wrong

Mate I don't think that's a serious chance if we have a reasonable number of Top 30 backline players fit. If Opacic was fit as of yesterday, I be very confident that he'd have been picked at centre.

lingard

Coach
Opacic would’ve been injury cover if selected on the bench in round one. But if we’d lost a half we would’ve had to move a lot more merkins so Gutherson could play there. At least with a half on the bench we only have to move one or two players if we lost an outside back.
Bullshit. How many other teams have a half on the bench 'just in case'? JA was selected on the basis of an apparently outstanding off-season training.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember my Mum use to talk about the runner Ron Clark. Broke records left right and center but when it came medal time. Fitness and effort are 2 fantastic attributes but when they talk about match winners or X Factor or who you turn to when the games on the line, well thats a different set of skills. Whos to say whats more important on any given day under different circumstances.
Ever work with a bloke who was always at work and did his job but never really excelled? Couldnt do anything more than his job description? Or ever work with a bloke who surprised you with his skill but was a tad more difficult to manage?
It’s why we put up with Jarryd Hayne for so long.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can see why there is frustration from fans about supposed favouritism from Brad.

When Dylan Brown was suspended last year the club was pretty quick to upgrade Jake to a fulltime contract in round 9 or 10 whenever it was because we desperately needed a half for 3 weeks while Dylan was suspended.

This year it seems we dont want to upgrade anyone despite the shortage of outside backs currently. Because they obivously feel they aren't up to first grade.

But are happy to play Jake who clearly isnt ready for FG in one of the 4 major positions on the field and basically reshuffle everything.
Bringing outside backs into the top 30 is a waste of spots because we have three due back in the next month or two.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well, that would be a completely different situation. All that has happened here is that he has played a game or two at centre because of injuries. Why the hell would Parra decide to do that?
“Haha suck that Drown you’ve been playing centre and now we don’t have to give you as much money lololol!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bullshit. How many other teams have a half on the bench 'just in case'? JA was selected on the basis of an apparently outstanding off-season training.
If you pick a back for injury cover why not pick a halfback if one of your starting halves is versatile? It’s a good way to reward effort.