What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
By whom, the fans?
I think the players all like Jake and I am sure the coach does too if only through some paternal obligation but he may not even be BA's favourite child.
The players appear very protective of Jake. Im not sure what to make of that. Eg I dont recall that when Dyl came into The NRL or Will P or Russell for that matter. Didnt see it with both Hayze's either. Maybe Im off the mark.

Gronk

Staff member
weren’t you all for the carty signing,
Saying it won’t hurt us and can be a master stroke?

now you’re saying carty doesn’t deserve continual game time and Jake is the better option.

yep. Keep chopping and changing to suit your argument, and defending our super coach and all his master strokes.

got to love a BA apologist.
Bullshit. We all said that Carty was a classic BA project player. It hasn’t worked out, old dog new tricks etc.

So because I’m not supporting Carty, I’m an apologist ? You’re grasping for straws merkin.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
It's interesting how Cartwright has garnered so much support from fans after showing 4/5 of f**k all. I suppose if Jake wasn't in the picture it would be different. It does concern me how much negative sentient exists about the Jake selections.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Ive not heard any negativity if at all in the media re Jakes promotion. Its all social media. The fors and the againsts are both playing a role.
I have heard a bit of questioning of the thought process behind moving Dylan to centre. Anyway I'm on the fence. If this is purely an injury solution, which I think it is, so be it. I can live with it especially since we are going ok. I don't buy into the nepotism suggestions. I can believe that BA sometimes makes bench decisions that are questionable though.

Gronk

Staff member
I have heard a bit of questioning of the thought process behind moving Dylan to centre. Anyway I'm on the fence. If this is purely an injury solution, which I think it is, so be it. I can live with it especially since we are going ok. I don't buy into the nepotism suggestions. I can believe that BA sometimes makes bench decisions that are questionable though.
Agree with the squad / bench thing. I’d like him to tell me why not playing a benchie is a good thing. I guess he would say that he’d rather have his best players out there who were fit and willing.

Michael Vella was not used in origin once. Was that ever explained ?

emjaycee

Coach
Agree with the squad / bench thing. I’d like him to tell me why not playing a benchie is a good thing. I guess he would say that he’d rather have his best players out there who were fit and willing.

Michael Vella was not used in origin once. Was that ever explained ?
He answered this in a recent press conference.
From memory his response was along the lines of "i know if needed my starting 13 can play 80 minutes so if I don't need to use a bench player, I don't" - or something like that.

Glenneel

Bench
If we lose on the weekend there's just as much fault on every other player let alone JA. Blokes on this forum are acting as if he is being made into our go to player.

No team loses because the Rookie "sucks". It's just an easy scapegoat to pull apart and put all the blame on to feed some sort of insecurity.

The Roosters lost on the weekend and sure as shit it was not because they have a rookie #6. Yes having a rookie who may or may not be ready can be 1/100 other issues that can contribute to a loss. But the fact is we are smashed with injuries and need someone to do a job. As long as we win - who really gives a f**k.
Roosters lost because their forwards are shit and Keary very ordinary. He needs to go to NSW Cup until fully fit and some of their bench selections are as crazy as our bench selections.

Latest posts