What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Fair point, but Rankin is not Top 30. So dealing with the actual issue here, you need to pick a player in your Top 30 or (like Rodwell) a development player.

Then you ask why was JA given the position because Rankin is a far more composed and better player at this point. JA needs time in 20s

hindy111

Post Whore
Sorry to butt in where Im not wanted, but I'm curious if Eels fans are concerned they have moved too slowly on BA now that another two elite quality coaches have been locked up?

I get a feeling that Benji is going to be very good for some reason. Many are laughing but I just have this feeling he will shine.

emjaycee

Coach
Well it’s a forum for discussion all things eels. Otherwise we should clap and cheer regardless if Ba plays his incompetent son

BTW, ask yourself is BA doing his best to ensure a win with the team he’s named?
Totally agree its a forum for discussion, hence my thoughts were added to the discussion and in my opinion, BA isnt playing his incompetent son - he is playing the squad's only reserve half.

Not knowing all the reasons behind his specific team selections (or lack of), I would hope that BA is professional enough to do his best to ensure a win.
On the contrary, do you think BA is knowingly and willingly NOT doing his best to ensure a win with the team he's named?

Soto

Bench
I think it matters massively if the best available 17 is not picked.
Let's not lose focus on the bigger picture here. We need to play our best 17 in order to win games. I like many, do not on a few occassions this year and again tonight, believe the best 17 has been named.
People need to get over defending JA.
There are better options and there have also been in the past.
If we was the best option fine. No point going over the same shit where he needs to be defended. Plain and simple he should not be in the 17. Not tonight and not this year unless Dylbro or Moses are out and then we're are probably fkd anyway

IFR33K

Coach
Totally agree its a forum for discussion, hence my thoughts were added to the discussion and in my opinion, BA isnt playing his incompetent son - he is playing the squad's only reserve half.

Not knowing all the reasons behind his specific team selections (or lack of), I would hope that BA is professional enough to do his best to ensure a win.
On the contrary, do you think BA is knowingly and willingly NOT doing his best to ensure a win with the team he's named?

Yes I do. There’s better players that could be on the bench.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep, that is the crux of the issue and the reason JA is selected on the bench at times.
Not because his dad is the effn coach.

I wouldn't have a halfback on the bench unless Brown or Moses had a slight injury which could be the case and as fans we are unaware. As far as development goes but JA is better playing 80mins then sitting on bench and getting zero which is what I am predicting happens tonight.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How do slower players look?? Like they're ready for first grade seemingly....
Funny Face Lol GIF

I wouldn't have a halfback on the bench unless Brown or Moses had a slight injury which could be the case and as fans we are unaware. As far as development goes but JA is better playing 80mins then sitting on bench and getting zero which is what I am predicting happens tonight.

Yes, that would be my assumption (correct or otherwise). If Dylbags has a tight hamstring or something, the selection would make some sense.