What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
Ja cannot play any other position than 7. When he's come on when playing with Moses he's tried to take over. Again upsets the balance of the team.
Your moving a spine player to accommodate a reserve grader. No he's not the best option. Again upsetting the balance and rhythm of the team.
I don't think he's a bad player but he's not in the top 17 and for the balance of the team

I beg to differ re your first sentence. He’s not a FG half. Maybe at schoolboy level he is.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It did. But I think you underestimate the impact of an inability to score points. We are a confidence team so once we get on a roll, we need to stay in control. I think JA has a negative impact on the attack of those around him. Moses then needs to be “the man” and it takes Lane’s attacking strength out of the equation. If the team feels they can’t score points, that seems to be when we shit the bed the most.
We’ve shit the bed plenty of times when Drown played in the halves. You’re clutching at straws now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In games I have seen Rankin looks twice as good as Jake.
I wouldn't have JA as my back up half. He'd be in under 20s still. Not sure he is NSW cupnlevel even
Rankin looks better in reserve grade because he’s faster. Like Hayze Perham. Back-pedalling defence, plenty of space. Quicker players always look better in the lower grades.

gaffer

Juniors
ja couldn't even be used at hooker ,the defence would be all over him as it'd take too long to bend down to get the ball

Incorrect

Coach
JA wont probably get onto the field and the past few weeks BA has only used 3 players from the bench but somehow people are losing their minds... We have some strange fans..
Nobody is losing their minds. A few posters are questioning the wisdom of the selection of the bloke on the bench to cover an injury in the backline... whatever his name is ...

JokerEel

Coach
And come semi final time the players will be burned out. Sound familiar?

Doesn't really matter what BA does people will still whine about it..

Last year players burnt out so this year during the bye players got more time off we lost next week people whined that he let the players take time off..

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
So across all games where Jake was on the field, we average 2.74 tries per game. That’s pretty shit house.

If we look at defence when Jake is on the field, we’ve leaked 36 tries at 3.79 per game.
I'm not going to argue that Jake should be on the bench - i think that's dumb. But look at the games he played in and I think it's a bit disingenuous to use those stats against him.
2021 games included
V Roosters 5 tries
V Manly 5 tries
V Souths 7 tries
V Panthers 7 tries when we ran out reserve grade.

JokerEel

Coach
Nobody is losing their minds. A few posters are questioning the wisdom of the selection of the bloke on the bench to cover an injury in the backline... whatever his name is ...

No I am fairly sure people are losing their minds read up for all the examples..

I am not a big fan of him playing JA he has potential but should be in Cup for the next 2 years before coming into NRL.

I also do not get why Brown isn't picked but I do not attend the training sessions and don't have all the experienced coaches for the Eels numbers in my phone to get the answers so I am not going to sook about it.

IFR33K

Coach
Doesn't really matter what BA does people will still whine about it..

Last year players burnt out so this year during the bye players got more time off we lost next week people whined that he let the players take time off..

So you’re happy with team selections? Oppa gets 3 mins last week and dropped this week? You’re happy brown is out and ja in? You’ll be happy if Dylan gets moved to centre to accommodate ja?

Latest posts