What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think about 3, it took him his 4th game to get a try assists or something ridiculous like that.

Moses in his 1 game got 2 try assists and if turbo had passed it instead of taking the fullback on a 2vs1 he would've scored the game winning try. But because NSW lost and Moses isn't the golden child in a darling team he was canned

Should be

6. Moses
7. Cleary

Tbh

emjaycee

Coach
So you’re happy with team selections? Oppa gets 3 mins last week and dropped this week? You’re happy brown is out and ja in? You’ll be happy if Dylan gets moved to centre to accommodate ja?
I have given my answer to this a lot of thought and to be honest, I dont care who plays, how long they play for, or what position they play in - as long as we win the game.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don’t reckon Opacic was simply dropped for JA (they both just provide backs cover) it’s just BA generally doesn’t use the “14” unless required.

And Opacic unlikely to get any mins he was put into NSW cup to get 80 mins, or it wouId be a month or so since he got decent game time…

Anyhow with Matterson back next week, neither will be picked…..

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'm not going to argue that Jake should be on the bench - i think that's dumb. But look at the games he played in and I think it's a bit disingenuous to use those stats against him.
2021 games included
V Roosters 5 tries
V Manly 5 tries
V Souths 7 tries
V Panthers 7 tries when we ran out reserve grade.
I was simply responding to Gronk’s reckoning that when we lose a back our problem is leaking tries and that scoring tries isn’t the issue. We can only go off the data in front of us.

hybrideel

Bench
Wouldn't Russell be a better bench option. Can cover Fullback, Wing and Centre and if any of our halves go down then Gutho fills in there with Russell taking his spot. Less change of disrupting your spine unnecessarily.
I do however agree that you couldn't do this every week as getting no game time if not required wouldn't help long term but cycling through Russell, Opa and Perham would be preferable to moving a half if a centre or winger gets injured

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What if we lose?
Then we’ll pick whatever we don’t like about the team and say it’s proof that we’re right. For me a loss always proves that the players aren’t good enough. For others it’s about the coach.

Smart people would say it’s only one loss and doesn’t prove anything any more than a single win does.

Chipmunk

Coach
I don’t reckon Opacic was simply dropped for JA (they both just provide backs cover) it’s just BA generally doesn’t use the “14” unless required.

And Opacic unlikely to get any mins he was put into NSW cup to get 80 mins, or it wouId be a month or so since he got decent game time…

Anyhow with Matterson back next week, neither will be picked…..
We do tend to rotate the 17th player around a bit.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sorry to butt in where Im not wanted, but I'm curious if Eels fans are concerned they have moved too slowly on BA now that another two elite quality coaches have been locked up?
Welcome Tigpie 2005.
Yes we are very concerned we have moved too slowly on BA but not for TBR. Good luck but it appears a big gamble. Benji for 5 years? Wow! I guess The Tigpies Management have lots of money to move another on should it fail.
Stay positive T2005. Miracles happen.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Rankin looks better in reserve grade because he’s faster. Like Hayze Perham. Back-pedalling defence, plenty of space. Quicker players always look better in the lower grades.
So a 40 year old is faster than a 19 year old halfback? That comment is a keeper Poo. I think you may have just joined the dark side.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I have given my answer to this a lot of thought and to be honest, I dont care who plays, how long they play for, or what position they play in - as long as we win the game.
But arent we more likely to win if we select the best players and reduce fatigue levels to maintain energy levels? Ffs its Rugba Leeege 101. 😁

IFR33K

Coach

Well it’s a forum for discussion all things eels. Otherwise we should clap and cheer regardless if Ba plays his incompetent son

BTW, ask yourself is BA doing his best to ensure a win with the team he’s named?

Latest posts