What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
Mrw GIF
Lol. I just posted the exact same gif.

TheRam

Coach
Then we’ll pick whatever we don’t like about the team and say it’s proof that we’re right. For me a loss always proves that the players aren’t good enough. For others it’s about the coach.

Smart people would say it’s only one loss and doesn’t prove anything any more than a single win does.

For me it is assessing the individual talents each player in the squad has and blending them to bring out their best as a team.

In my opinion the coach has failed to do that consistently. That is the issue here. Would another coach be able to do that. May belief is that someone like Ciraldo or Flanno could.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think we need to look at Simmonsons position firstly.
Does Russel or Cini offer more? Would Blake be better with Opacic at centre? I think he has had a few good games but overall don't rate him. Just doesn't offer anything in attack. Our style of play means two big strong wingers is what's needed.

TheRam

Coach
Let's not kid ourselves the answer would be no
Soooooo when he played JA earlier this year its because we had no outside back available and Dylbro was filling a spot. So what's happened now? That BS reasoning doesn't wash anymore.
Interestingly the 4 bench players were used tonight.
I for one will say at least he played JA at hooker. I will actually applaud that because that is thinking outside the square.
We did funnily enough also concede two tries whilst JA was on. However I cannot say it was because of anything he did or didn't do

It was his plod defense that left Papalii stranded that led to the big break that led to the first try of the two. The kid should not be anywhere near 1st grade for at least another year unless one of our halves goes down and even then Heaven help us. He is a slug with a big mota. The NRL eats slugs like a duck.

The more I watch him in the top grade, the less I think he will make it. The kid needs to work on his game and speed in doing things around the park in the lower grades. His dad is doing him an injustice on so many levels.

hindy111

Post Whore
It was his plod defense that left Papalii stranded that led to the big break that led to the first try of the two. The kid should not be anywhere near 1st grade for at least another year unless one of our halves goes down and even then Heaven help us. He is a slug with a big mota. The NRL eats slugs like a duck.

The more I watch him in the top grade, the less I think he will make it. The kid needs to work on his game and speed in doing things around the park in the lower grades. His dad is doing him an injustice on so many levels.

I feel sorry for him tbh. And BA is to blame. Kid doesn't have it or if he does he isn't ready.

We also need to sort this N.Brown mess out cause we need his experience come finals. The fact he didn't play last night while JA didnsays it's more then form

strider

Post Whore
You would have to assume the dicking around with Nrown is aimed at freeing up his $s next year .... might that be handy if Papa can backflip? .... Nrown seems broken physically to me. He seems to be struggling every run. His value isnt what it used to be, though i dont think he is worse than Maka and is still good for a bit of angry merkin occaisionally ... might be harsh to be analing him but might be wise for next year???

IFR33K

Coach
I feel sorry for him tbh. And BA is to blame. Kid doesn't have it or if he does he isn't ready.

We also need to sort this N.Brown mess out cause we need his experience come finals. The fact he didn't play last night while JA didnsays it's more then form

agree with what you’ve said.

maybe we need brown off our books to upgrade jakey boy. Hopefully that’s enough to keep him. Being the gun half of NSW cup I’m thinking he’d be in huge demand.

JokerEel

Coach

But nothing about Brown letting in the try at the end....

Just JA bashing for Ice not coming across and making a tackle.

Soto

Bench

In fairness the last bloke on normally only gets 2-3 mins. He may have been on for double that so he would've been gassed 🤣

Happy MEel

First Grade
But nothing about Brown letting in the try at the end....

Just JA bashing for Ice not coming across and making a tackle.
Ice was lazy plugging the gap but if you don’t think JA was at least partly to blame you’re clearly taking the piss. He massively turns in and makes a bad read.
DB177EFA-C106-4B01-A7A2-730D83079FD2.jpg
Fairly lazy effort to not try and plug the hole he created as well.

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
Ice was lazy plugging the gap but if you don’t think JA was at least partly to blame you’re clearly taking the piss. He massively turns in and makes a bad read.

Yep more than likely could have stayed out and left the inside player to defend 1 on 1. But Ice was lazy and should have come in which he has done a few times this year btw...

But I didnt see JA miss the tackle that led to the try why are we not putting the spotlight on the 2 players that missed the tackle again? oh that's right JA bashing got it.