What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Angry_eel

First Grade
Yeah well my take on all this for a long time is the players employ the managers not the other way around.

It does seem like a lot of the time the Manager makes the decision not the players. Especially with side deals with certain clubs and other players in there stable.

This is for all of them not necessary Papali'i situation but i reckon a lot of them need to grow up and make the decision themselves.

I remember someone saying one day these players should know what there worth why do they need managers for who don't have there proper interest at heart. All they need is to pay there lawyer for a day to come in and check over the contract and if all parties are happy sign off on the contract.
There's also the problem that 1 party(managers) are incredily smart and cunning people while the other party is young, dumb and broke.

So if Ice stays can we assume he did indeed have a legal argument to do so or visa versa?

No. Wouldn't tell you much either way (unless it is eventually disclosed that release clause actually existed). It can simply come down to economic pressure. Wests in all likelihood have a binding contract with him. But if he refuses to play or plays under sufferance, they may decide it's better to not have a large part of their cap devoted to a guy who doesn't want to be there.

It would be parra's luck that it will probably be the first time the NRL make a player either sit out or honour his contract.

If he is not released by Wests, he won't be playing for anyone else. That's all the NRL can enforce. They can't stop clubs agreeing to release players where there is mutual consent (even if that consent was the result of unsavoury behaviour).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah well my take on all this for a long time is the players employ the managers not the other way around.

It does seem like a lot of the time the Manager makes the decision not the players. Especially with side deals with certain clubs and other players in there stable.

This is for all of them not necessary Papali'i situation but i reckon a lot of them need to grow up and make the decision themselves.

I remember someone saying one day these players should know what there worth why do they need managers for who don't have there proper interest at heart. All they need is to pay there lawyer for a day to come in and check over the contract and if all parties are happy sign off on the contract.
The players are actually at a serious disadvantage in the market due to information asymmetry, which is why they have managers.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No. Wouldn't tell you much either way (unless it is eventually disclosed that release clause actually existed). It can simply come down to economic pressure. Wests in all likelihood have a binding contract with him. But if he refuses to play or plays under sufferance, they may decide it's better to not have a large part of their cap devoted to a guy who doesn't want to be there.

If he doesn't want to be there, it would be terrible for morale for him to be there at all.

hindy111

Post Whore
We don't know the full story. Remember when Hayne was flown up to see the Tits facilities and nek minute he was in a hotel room with a pen in his hand ? His Agent was telling him that the Tits offer will be pulled if he doesn't sign and that the Eels are not interested. It turns out that the Agent was full of shit.

You reckon HAYNE never lies? I wouldn't beleive to much he has to say. This only come out after he wanted back at Parra.
You are easily fooled.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If he doesn't want to be there, it would be terrible for morale for him to be there at all.
If they’ve assessed him to be the kind of bloke who just gets on with it they will probably think he will make the most of it if forced to honour his contract.

Although his form at the Warriors means he might not be inherently motivated. Then again it might just mean he was young and hadn’t yet learnt what he knows now.

Avenger

Immortal
Just a small update.

The Warriors rumour is bullshit. He is staying with us. The Tigers back up plan is Tyson Frizell.

Even Tamou was just on nine news and said if he flips there will be no hard feelings because he wanted to play for Madge but wants him to decide now not the end of the season.

Last edited: