What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I pretty sure they didn’t offer him too much more than us
I think he made it clear that he went for the cash. It seems he is following Nathan Brown's lead and buying a Fire franchise.

1665033432017.png

King-Gutho94

Coach
So I'm guessing you've heard the story about the time on the 1986 Kangaroo Tour, Garry Jack was with a bunch of teammates drinking in the hotel bar one night and when it came to his turn to shout, he legged it upstairs to his room to retrieve the complimentary 6-pack of XXXX all players were given when they landed in the UK from his minibar and brought it back downstairs and handed them out for his shout.... Lol
No haven't heard that story.

Just heard he is a tightarse. One story i heard was he used to stay back at training and wait for his mate at toll booth to start work so he wouldn't have to pay the tolls or something to that affect.

Gronk

Staff member
No haven't heard that story.

Just heard he is a tightarse. One story i heard was he used to stay back at training and wait for his mate at toll booth to start work so he wouldn't have to pay the tolls or something to that affect.
I worked with a guy who used to give blood a few times week at the Blood Bank in Clarence Street so he could get a free hotdog and chocolate milk. He'd come to work white as a ghost sometimes. When we'd have meetings and coffee was served, he'd fill his suit pockets with biscuits.

Gronk

Staff member
Gus would have fed him the world and promised more on top.

It's how Gus operates until he finds his new toy he likes and ditches the older one which will be reed in 3 years.
I watched / listened with interest this year how he spoke about ($500k pa) Kyle Flannagan and how he had his best interests in heart etc. Meanwhile Kyle was not allowed to train with or even oppose the NRL team in the 2022 pre-season and he was constantly in Kyle's ear saying he should go to Super League. What a grifty slime merkin he is.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I worked with a guy who used to give blood a few times week at the Blood Bank in Clarence Street so he could get a free hotdog and chocolate milk. He'd come to work white as a ghost sometimes. When we'd have meetings and coffee was served, he'd fill his suit pockets with biscuits.
I remember Merrick and Rosso doing tight arse Tuesdays. One bloke rang in and told the story of his workmate who used to take the office sandwich orders at at lunch, people would give him the coin. One day someone forgot to order so followed him to the carpark, only to find him making everyone's order from ingredients in the boot of his car.

hindy111

Post Whore

I kid you not at the last funeral I went too my cousins where filling up their pockets at the wake. Even more disgusting if I was to share who the funeral was for.

Delboy

First Grade
Happen to know this is true - Gus really sold the vision
Not quite what happened.

As I was to.d by a “ well informed source”, original offer from Dogs= $600k 4 years
We came back to maintain cap, $550 plus TPA 3 years
Reed called Dogs and said he was staying, within an hour , his manager took a call with an extra $100k from Dogs, game over.

Reed wants to open a gym in QLD when he finishes, probably take the money now decision.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Not quite what happened.

As I was to.d by a “ well informed source”, original offer from Dogs= $600k 4 years
We came back to maintain cap, $550 plus TPA 3 years
Reed called Dogs and said he was staying, within an hour , his manager took a call with an extra $100k from Dogs, game over.

Reed wants to open a gym in QLD when he finishes, probably take the money now decision.
Arthur Laundry must have been on speed dial.