What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
BA has come up with some very good project players and great signings. But as I said before can he spot talent it's just throwing darts.

Waqa,Watmough,Foran,KE and the re-Signing of N.Brown all big name busts.

I'd argue Ferguson was also as was on 500k and got 1 good year from him.
Beau Scott? Don't recall.

Soto

Bench
I see Jack Gosziewski has left the Dragons. Another who looks like has fallen out of favour with Anthony Griffin.
Gosziewski is only 28. As a cheapie $150-$200k per season I think he would provide great value.
He's a good player and one who could work well in our system.

Soto

Bench
I think ppl are being a bit unfair on Waqa. Yes he didn't have his best end to a season but he did have some very good games.
I still reckon centre is his best position.
He's a confidence player. One on one with his opposing centre he is dangerous.
I wouldn't rissole him just yet. I also wouldn't play him on the wing again either. I'd give him 10 or so games next yr and then decide if he stays or goes.

The Predictor

Juniors
NRL 2022: Canberra Raiders reveal aerial raid plan for error-prone  Parramatta winger Waqa Blake | CODE Sports
What’s he even looking at? sure as shit isn’t the ball 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Predictor

Juniors
I think ppl are being a bit unfair on Waqa. Yes he didn't have his best end to a season but he did have some very good games.
I still reckon centre is his best position.
He's a confidence player. One on one with his opposing centre he is dangerous.
I wouldn't rissole him just yet. I also wouldn't play him on the wing again either. I'd give him 10 or so games next yr and then decide if he stays or goes.
Not consistently good…that is the issue, has become that player who can cost u big time, which he already has, I just don’t think he is all in, and certainly has proven the panfers right call regarding his sacking!!!

I guess with Opacic out of teh pecking order then Blake can revert to one of the centre spots safe from the bombs, to see if he can recapture his form - and if he can form a good defensive combination with... someone on the wing?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
BA has come up with some very good project players and great signings. But as I said before can he spot talent it's just throwing darts.

Waqa,Watmough,Foran,KE and the re-Signing of N.Brown all big name busts.

I'd argue Ferguson was also as was on 500k and got 1 good year from him.
Beau Scott? Don't recall.
It's not Arthur signing the players. Only the weakest clubs have the coach making all the decisions. We are a mid-tier club. As for player performance under Arthur's, you'd expect older players to decline and younger players to improve.

lucablight

First Grade
His positives are his speed and height. He’s done plenty of good stuff chasing attacking kicks. And one on one he is a great attacking player. Centre probably is his best position. But also, his go forward was good prior to this year. What’s changed? He could’ve been carrying injury most of the year. That usually explains a loss of form. Don’t forget he was out for six weeks in April/May. They don’t wait until they’re injury free before they come back, they come back as soon as they’re able to play. Often they’ve deferred surgery until the end of the year.
I think he’s a better attacking player than Stephen Crichton. When Penriths forwards were dominating us in the grand final even Staines looked good.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's not Arthur signing the players. Only the weakest clubs have the coach making all the decisions. We are a mid-tier club. As for player performance under Arthur's, you'd expect older players to decline and younger players to improve.
BS, mid tier club my arse. We are a small tin pot club who has no money. I mean our coach can’t afford shoes FFS!!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Marty and georgey off the bench would keep the go forward when reg and junz cones off

George averaged like 40m this year, including a solitary tackle break. Granted he only played 4 games and averaged approx 18 minutes. But that's how long he'd get here if he were to come off the bench

SneakyEel

Juniors
A pack of:
8. RCG 9. Hodgson 11. Lane 12. Matterson 13. Hopgood 14. Turpin 15. Murchie 16. Burgess 17. Taupau
That's a very strong pack with two genuine props on the bench. We'll lose minimal go-forward when RCG and Paulo are off. I'm really excited to see Hopgood get an extended run with Matto suspended. I predict that he'll cement the starting lock role. I reckon we go for Turpin for the 14 he's a solid hooker. He'd be minimum wage and there's an upside in signing him. With Murchie on the bench, we can move him to the back row for a stint and move Matto to lock and give Hopo a rest. I reckon that pack is better than our 2022 pack.

JokerEel

Coach
A pack of:
8. RCG 9. Hodgson 11. Lane 12. Matterson 13. Hopgood 14. Turpin 15. Murchie 16. Burgess 17. Taupau
That's a very strong pack with two genuine props on the bench. We'll lose minimal go-forward when RCG and Paulo are off. I'm really excited to see Hopgood get an extended run with Matto suspended. I predict that he'll cement the starting lock role. I reckon we go for Turpin for the 14 he's a solid hooker. He'd be minimum wage and there's an upside in signing him. With Murchie on the bench, we can move him to the back row for a stint and move Matto to lock and give Hopo a rest. I reckon that pack is better than our 2022 pack.

Burgess & Taupau are Lazy hence why Burgess was let go by the Dragons.