What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
His positives are his speed and height. He’s done plenty of good stuff chasing attacking kicks. And one on one he is a great attacking player. Centre probably is his best position. But also, his go forward was good prior to this year. What’s changed? He could’ve been carrying injury most of the year. That usually explains a loss of form. Don’t forget he was out for six weeks in April/May. They don’t wait until they’re injury free before they come back, they come back as soon as they’re able to play. Often they’ve deferred surgery until the end of the year.
Was selected in the larger squad for Fiji, but didn't end up travelling to UK ?

EDIT: Or did he ?

EDIT 2.0: no he didn't go. As you were. 🤓

He will not be part of the RLWC campaign.

Eels winger Waqa Blake and hooker Joe Lovodua are also not in the squad.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
His positives are his speed and height. He’s done plenty of good stuff chasing attacking kicks. And one on one he is a great attacking player. Centre probably is his best position. But also, his go forward was good prior to this year. What’s changed? He could’ve been carrying injury most of the year. That usually explains a loss of form. Don’t forget he was out for six weeks in April/May. They don’t wait until they’re injury free before they come back, they come back as soon as they’re able to play. Often they’ve deferred surgery until the end of the year.

He is just an average player end of story. Good enough for NRL. If had him for about 250k he is fine. But he is on big coin and has far to many flaws.
His running style is suited at centre. He has a good step and likess to go around guys. He never has been a straight power runner. We tried him and he did ok a few games but when factor in his liability under high balls he isn't worth persisting with out there.

hindy111

Post Whore
Waqa is also dam lazy. Sivo is lazy but atleast he has power, safe under a high ball and dynamite -Top 3 wingers in game from 15mtrs out.
If we could move him on it would be a blessing along with N.Brown. Go offer Amoti or Jenkins some nice coin

hindy111

Post Whore
Nothing wrong with average players.

I don’t reckon he would be. Maybe at Penrith but not now. We threw him a lifeline. He’d be on about $300k imo

Your a peanut. When we signed him I remember you agreed with me saying Penrith wouldn't of chipped in much cause lots of clubs would of been interested and its supply and deman. And its true. Along with DWZ most fans including myself where stoked to sign him up. A lifeline my arse. DWZ was aboutnon par with Waqa and he ended up with something like 650k by memory. Heaps of clubs where interested.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If you read what I posted, I said that any rookies who (might) get a go ahead of him will go in and out of grade. They will need to perform better than Waqa to be selected and then keep that form or avoid injury to stay in the top grade. It will be good to have Waqa about because if he is playing good footy then he'll be better than any rookie. If he can't recapture his form, then he'll be a very handy back-up.

Nathan Brown is the same only Opposite Day. He was playing shit but you wanted him in. 🤓
Brown was playing below his best but if he didn’t offer more than someone like Maka I’ll eat my Parra cap. I’ll say again the sooner Waqa is off our cap the better, as Hindy said Dunster could do a similar job for about 150k-200k.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your a peanut. When we signed him I remember you agreed with me saying Penrith wouldn't of chipped in much cause lots of clubs would of been interested and its supply and deman. And its true. Along with DWZ most fans including myself where stoked to sign him up. A lifeline my arse. DWZ was aboutnon par with Waqa and he ended up with something like 650k by memory. Heaps of clubs where interested.
2017/18 Waqa was being talked up as an origin prospect, now it’s fine having average players in the squad and he’d only be on 300k lolz. Pou loves some revision history.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
”$650k by memory” hey? Hope your memory is okay on that one. I hope you haven’t forgotten how much was on DWZ’s contract when you saw it ffs.

You also think Penrith paid Blake big money?!? ffs merkin there’s no reason he would’ve been on half a million at their club or ours. You’re in f**king dreamland ffs

King-Gutho94

Coach
DWZ was on 800k at the Dogs

hindy111

Post Whore
”$650k by memory” hey? Hope your memory is okay on that one. I hope you haven’t forgotten how much was on DWZ’s contract when you saw it ffs.

You also think Penrith paid Blake big money?!? ffs merkin there’s no reason he would’ve been on half a million at their club or ours. You’re in f**king dreamland ffs

I'll head to Panthers forum and see if they have any information.
Its easier to say what Waqa is worth now then 4yrs ago.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

NRL 2022: Canberra Raiders reveal aerial raid plan for error-prone  Parramatta winger Waqa Blake | CODE Sports